Do You Think That Belonging To Certain Political Parties Suggests You Are Uneducated or Poor?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I recently visited Europe. Spoke to many folks, locals and fellow tourists. NOT ONE PERSON likes Trump

No one I know from Europe liked George W. either.

One said that they forgave us for electing him the first time, but re-electing him was the final straw.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I've never seen it as polarized as it is today. There are some real "haters" on both sides of the debate.

And I am sure that it would logically follow that there are "good people on both sides"?

• nikada
    nikada

If He's saying that unintelligent people take sides and engage in combat, he's right. Who in his or her right mind wouldn't choose to avoid conflict?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Not necessarily. It's an easy way of ignoring the people that aren't part of your group though.

The fact is that each party in a political party has policies aligned towards a particular group, as long as that group makes up a majority of the people. In the US the parties are somewhat divided across wealth distributions but there are many more axes that may align better with certain policies and people are the intersection of all those.

Democrats policies align well with those on or near welfare (expansion of it) and the ultra-rich (since they are benefiting by limiting trade through increased taxes on the middle class and government-approved/sponsored corporations).

On the other hand, Republicans have policies geared towards the middle class; reduction of taxes and free trade benefit small and medium sized corporations but this also includes the lower educated (manufacturing and starting businesses doesn't take a PhD).

It doesn't mean that Republicans are dumb and Democrats are poor, as a result of their policies part of their base makes up that demographic but it's by no means the entire party.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

We can’t judge intelligence by political party. But one thing we know for sure - All big “L” Libertarians have three nipples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit