Do You Think That Belonging To Certain Political Parties Suggests You Are Uneducated or Poor?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

I don't understand and am sometimes disturbed by the personality cult that has formed around the man, (e.g. Jon McNaughton's crazy paintings) but good grief! You have the right to your opinion. Everybody does.

• minimus
    minimus

Right! TD, it’s crazy that for some people if you don’t conform to their beliefs, you are disgusting.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Right! TD, it’s crazy that for some people if you don’t conform to their beliefs, you are disgusting.

I've never seen it as polarized as it is today. There are some real "haters" on both sides of the debate.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, when I meet a person for the first person for the first time or I don't really know them, just casually, I hope they don't ask me personal questions, like, am I married, do I have children, how old am I, what religion I am, do I believe in god, am I a Christian, etc. I use the answer I give to everyone that asks a very personal question, "why do you ask?" Then I just say "well that's a personal thing," And change the topic to something that is more in keeping with the casual occasion.

When I was growing up and we socialized with our non-jw family (yes, almost every week at a common meal), the rule was "no discussion about politics and religion (and sports if there were fans for opposing teams)". Everyone kept to that and things went well and stayed friendly.

Yes, no preaching to our non-jw relatives trying to "save" them from destruction at "Armaggeddon." It puts them on the spot in a group situation. I wouldn't like that if someone did that to me.

I figure if someone lights a match and tosses it into the leaves, I shouldn't be surprised when a fire starts. But if someone else does that, I would try to put out the fire without making it worse.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I do think having any kind of faith in any politician (or either party) might suggest you are uneducated or poor.........

• Biahi
    Biahi

Just to throw this in here, I recently visited Europe. Spoke to many folks, locals and fellow tourists. NOT ONE PERSON likes Trump, and they all hope he gets voted out in 2020. I was surprised, thought it would be more mixed, but no.

• Simon
    Simon
    I recently visited Europe. Spoke to many folks, locals and fellow tourists. NOT ONE PERSON likes Trump

You know he's not a European leader ... right?

What matters is how popular he is for the electorate he serves.

While the heavily democrat-baised media love to portray him as "unpopular", he's actually a lot more popular than Trudeau or Macron are in their respective countries, and yet they are portrayed as god-like folk-heroes of the masses.

No one cares what Europeans think because their own countries are all a bit of a mess right now.

If I visited American and everyone thought your leader sucked, does that mean they have to go? Or does it mean I'm asking irrelevant questions to people who have no real say?

• jws
    jws

I remember my move to the south 25+ years ago, where I joined a medieval re-creation group that mainly did a lot of campouts. Mostly adults. Though not the majority, some parents brought kids who ranged from toddlers to late teens.

At one point, there was a heated online debate. Some camps started putting out baskets of condoms, free to those who needed them. What a wonderful idea I thought. Protect from pregnancies. Protect from STDs. At the time, HIV was still very much a death sentence. How clever and thoughtful. What kind people.

But a bunch of idiots thought it was just horrible. Kids might take them.

Yeah? And? If kids (and I'm assuming teens) are going to have sex, they're going to do it anyway. Better to use protection. But these idiots just didn't understand reasoning and logic. What was wrong with them?

One parent even said if his child disobeyed him and had sex, they deserved whatever happened. Pregnancy, AIDS, whatever. WTF? Who are these morons? You'd rather your child die or suffer just because they didn't obey you???? Such authoritarians. What kind of parent would risk their children's safety due to not following their rules? A little like a certain father figure who doomed all of humanity to suffer for not doing what he said and eating a certain fruit.

I was not political at the time. I just thought it was southerners. Or stupid people. Or religious.

Later I began to realize this particular brand of stupid as a certain type of conservative. So concerned about rules and everybody following their rules, they missed the logical.

It was the same type of idiot who thought that gay marriage was going to ruin marriage. Guess what? Straight people still get married. Nothing was ruined.

• Biahi
    Biahi

The fellow tourists I spoke to were Americans.

• LV101
    LV101

Hope the American tourists that hate President Trump stay in Europe and good riddance. Maybe they should get the facts about their beloved swamper Dems and face the party's corruption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit