Daddy long legs..a cruel and unusual punishment

by Brummie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

The only bugs I touched as a kid were lady bugs and rolie polies. LOL

My bros. used to catch beatles and tie them to a string.

I did pour salt on a snail once. I wanted to see if it would really melt. That was cruel.

• Ed
    Ed
    I'd love to see an Australian Huntsman spider. They look so cool.

I've seen daddy-longlegs spiders catch and eat those too, believe it or not.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Does anybody remember seeing an old "Night Gallery" episode of a man who had an earwig enter his ear and cause him excrutiating pain and torment? After he suffered terribly, he eventually felt better but would discover that the earwig had laid eggs and he would soon be in store for much, much more torment?? Yikes, that freaked me out. lol

Now Brummie, I remember reading somewhere that the first indicator of a future serial killer is the torturing of animals as a child. I hope that insect torture isn't the actual FIRST indicator.

Chakka, (who once crucified a mosquito hawk, felt guilty and buried him with dignity in a match box)

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

The worlds most venomous spider are the Brazilian wandering spiders of the genus Phoneutria. The venom is so potent that only 0.00000021 oz (0.006mg) is sufficient to kill a mouse.

• Brummie
    Brummie

lol @ chakka "buried with dignity"!!

Now Brummie, I remember reading somewhere that the first indicator of a future serial killer is the torturing of animals as a child. I hope that insect torture isn't the actual FIRST indicator.

Cue music to Pyscho shower stabbing scene

Matty our cat used to sit very quiet and all of a sudden bounce about 5 ft in the air catching a fly (giving us all a minor heart attack), cant say I ever saw it chew a daddy long legs, sounds tasty.

Sandy:

I did pour salt on a snail once. I wanted to see if it would really melt. That was cruel.

Used to do this too sandy, best to pick them up with a tissue first, give them a cabbage leaf and then pour salt on them and watch Just kidding.

Thanks for the photo Pleasuredome, I've liked those things ever since I saw Bugslife!

Thanks all, btw I dont harm anything these days, that was all back when I was a kid...(now I have guilt)

Brummie

• seedy3
    seedy3

Brummie,

I read that webpage you posted earlier and found it interesting, but then later that night I was watching a program on ABC Asia/Pacific about dangerous creatures of Australia and they made the point that the Daddy long legs is the most poisenous spider in the world, now I'm confused, they also discussed how it kills and eats the huntman and red back spiders that do harm humans. I guess I'm going to have to research it Hmmmmmmmmm

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit