Daddy long legs..a cruel and unusual punishment

by Brummie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

When I was a kid we used to catch daddy long legs and throw them into spiders webs on the trees outside...then when the spider had finished of the DLLegs we would throw the spider into a bigger spiders web and watch them battle it out....sick huh, I kinda like these things now so couldnt hurt em but any insect that used to come into contact with us had a cruel existence

anyhow I just heard that the most poisonous insect of all insects is daddy long legs wtf? Its said to be more poisonous than a black widow! It just cant penetrate human or animal skin otherwise we and animals would all be dead....I'm wondering if this is true

just an interesting something that I thought I would share before I go a swatting

Brummie

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Brum...... Kids at my secondary school would do this in the summer, and I would always be behind them pulling the daddy long legs out of the webs coz I felt sorry for them. I used to get really narked when a particularly 'orrible group of boys would catch them and then pull their legs off one by one, these ones used to say "Look at JO-VO boy go" that was until a good mate of mine smacked the ring leader square in his head..... funny didn't seem to get much stick after that. Of course violence is NEVER the answer..... LOL lol.

• Brummie
    Brummie

LOL

If you thought that was bad I wont tell you what we used to do to earwigs

Brummie

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

hope they crawl in your ears then Brummie like they did Spocks in that Star Trek film.... or was it the chinese bloke that just said yes captain, next to Uhora-hah (Ulrika-ka ka ka!) with that spirally metal thing coming out of ear.....

• Brummie
    Brummie
    hope they crawl in your ears then Brummie

ugh!...I still dont like earwigs. And just cus you hoped they infest my ears I'm a go tell you what we used to do...

set a little fire in my grans back garden, heat up a pie tin on it until it was orange because of the heat, then drop earwigs on top of the tin....they used to stretch out real long, probably about triple the length they appear to be. Sadistic little jovo's wernt we?

But like we thought they would get a resurrection and we was only 7 yrs old, and we also got a bang on the ear when we were found out playing with fire. Sins paid for I guess?

Brummie

• toddy
    toddy

Tis true brummie, but because there jaws can't open wide enough they can't bite us....just don't go eating them

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Brummie: I didn't know you could be so cruel.

LOL...I think a lot children have done similarly.

I don't know what the scoop is with regards to the Daddy Long Legs in the U.K., but here in North America, they're not poisonous. The black widow is poisonous, and they are found over here, and YES even in Canada. They won't bother you unless you accidentally step on one or roll on top of one.

There are so many different types of spiders here. I have been notoriously bitten by one in particular, but I cannot remember its name. I have had so many spider bites on my head, neck and chest. Happens while I'm sleeping. Little buggers.

Loads of snakes. There are some rattlesnakes north of here (Massauga Rattler). He is poisonous, but only bites if provoked, otherwise he'd rather be left alone. I know there is another kind of snake that is poisonous, but not sure what it's called.

Spiders, there are countless numbers of them here.

I used to catch flies and moths and chuck them into spider webs. I will never remove a spider web, and I try not to kill spiders. They keep the bad bug population at bay.

Brummie, no more killin' the bugs, OK? Or I'll tell yer Mom.

• Xena
    Xena

hhhmmm why do you suppose it tends to be the boys who do this stuff? I was to busy stripping my Barbie down naked and cutting all her hair off I guess....

what is an earwig? makes me think of hair growing out of old men's ears....eeeeewwwwwwww

• Brummie
    Brummie

lol Razor, i'll do my best to void rolling on a blackwidow.

For xena....

hope it shows? Juicy arnt they? That tail on the fully grown one stretches real long in red hot circumstances...lol

Brummie

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Rayzor... funny you should mention poisonous snakes who bite only when provoked, reminds me of some here, vicious gits. As for the black widow spider, well I might have saved the daddy long legs, but I'd squash that little blighter if he were over here.... My aunt in Australia says they hide under the rim of the toilet....in that case I'd crap on him, and quick, before he had a chance. I don't mind snakes actually, I handle a big ol bad one most days, and he's really quite nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit