Divisions among ex jw activists

by Truthexplorer 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    I just watched a YouTube discussion between Marc & Cora and unwitness. It was regarding their unhappiness over a few prominent individuals in the ex jw community, one individual in particular. This individual who on the one hand produces excellent videos highlighting WT issues, yet has been known to peeve a lot of ex jw activists off. Marc, Cora and unwitness seem very genuine in their discussion about this, but leaves me wondering why someone who produces excellent videos etc is displaying such an attitude toward other activists. Note: I watch this individuals videos all the time. It just leaves me with the question why?? I do hope that if this appears to be the case that he changes his ways and attitude toward other activists and simply agree to disagree and move on.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It just leaves me with the question why?

Probably because we are not like the JWs who are clone drones that are under mind control to say the same things or get DFd.

We on the other hand, have freedom of speech and opinion.

I see it as a good thing. It proves we are free of the cult. We no longer have to pretend to agree.

• nelim
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Cheers nelim. will read over.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Why should activists be united? I understand that strength of a group can come from unity, by I think the division are a healthy symptom of escape from that cult mentality of authoritarian thinking.

in my opnion

• Listener
    Listener

He was kicked off this forum due to his behaviour.

I came across this interaction from him the other day on YouTube. I don't know how to link directly but aYoutuber called Tom Davison posted a video - He is not a JW and just a person who ran into some JWs and decided to record his discussion. Cedars made a criticsm of one comment he made and an interesting discussion continues from there. It's enlightening to see this side of him.

The title of the video is "I love talking to Jehovah's Witnesses".

I think there is a clue or two in there as to what the real problem is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Divisions among ex jw activists

There would have to be unity,before there could be division..

..................You`d Have Better Luck..

......................Trying to Herd Cats..

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3110580/herding-cats-o.gif

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Outlaw - "There would have to be unity, before there could be division..."

:laughing:

Very true.

Important to remember.

• steve2
    steve2

Movements often need a firm dictatorial hand to unite very different people and personalities.

Among ex-JWs there is no actual "community" as such - and nor should there be.

Using "unity" as a yardstick is an old JW game. We all know that unity is often a buzz-word for " mind control".

Unfortunately, personality clashes occur in everyday life: People have very different styles and ways of doing things that truly upset others (and vice versa).

One thing I have learnt since leaving jw organization is not to take anything too seriously ever again. Life is far too short. Im trying to learn from the Monty Python Book of Life.

I can think of better uses of resources than making earnest videos bad-mouthing other ex-JWs. Yet, I acknowledge it is so human to get stuck on differences and hurts I know.

But, man alive, have we learned nothing about not getting caught up ever again in this intense game of life? Ditch the earnestness and have a damn good laugh.

Live and let live.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    outlaw....brilliant clip....sums it up :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit