Divisions among ex jw activists

by Truthexplorer 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Q. If a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses took the view himself that that prophesy was wrong and said so he would be disfellowshipped?

A. Yes, if he said so and kept persisting in creating trouble, because if the whole organisation believes one thing, even though it be erroneous and somebody else starts on his own trying to put his ideas across then there is disunity and trouble, there cannot be harmony, there cannot be marching. When a change comes it should come from the proper source, the head of the organisation, the governing body, not from the bottom upwards, because everybody would have ideas, and the organisation would disintegrate and go in a thousand different directions. Our purpose is to have unity.

Q. Unity at all costs?

A. Unity at all costs, because we believe and are sure that Jehovah God is using our organisation, the governing body of our organisation to direct it, even though mistakes are made from time to time.

Q. And unity based upon an enforced acceptance of false prophecy?

A. That is conceded to be true.

[Covington testimony in Walsh Trial]

Point being : I would not like to feel that I have to be following a certain way of thinking / mind-set and being categorised as being part of ...."the Ex-JW set" - cos that could mean I am now in a cult again.

"One mans apostate is the next mans cult leader"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This little insignificant spat is about a clash of egos, despite both sides sounding "reasonable" if you listen to them in isolation.

Marc and Cora left the JW's, but not the full nonsense that makes them identify as "christians".

Lloyd is an atheist, and so further down the road to truth,which may explain some of their antipathy, and he seems to have made an error of judgement over copyright, but more out of frustration at CoC not being available in Print, I guess.

Both sides are activists against the JW Cult, probably all of them help some JW's to wake up, despite sometimes going about it in a way that may seem crass to some.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Zappa-Esque...

Covington was such a f**king fascist.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I could watch Cora talk all day; she's real easy on the eyes. :smirk:

(Don't know if I could listen to her, though... at least about evangelical Christianity. :stuck_out_tongue:)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It's hard to achieve consensus out of speculation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ sparrowdown...

Hell, you got a better chance achieving it from a room full of professional fortune-tellers. :smirk:

• talesin
    talesin

Listener - I watched the vid, then read the exchange. Tsk, tsk. Yes, the (ahem) "problem" is quite obvious.

Vidiot, I hear you, it all becomes a babble, though her male counterpart is easy on the eyes as well.P

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ talesin...

I'm sure they have very attractive children.

• jambon1
    jambon1

I'm not keen on Mark and Cora. They come across as a pair of fundamentalist psychopaths in most of their clips.

I'm positive that there are egos involved here, just like anywhere in life.

Cedars videos are extremely good and effective at turning people's heads from within the organisation. They speak to me as an atheist of course, which is perhaps why I am more drawn to him.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Personally I like all their videos. I like a broad perspective of view regardless of whether Christian or atheist. The point is they are all highlighting the harmful affects of the 'Watchtower publishing company'. If I want a laugh I watch Mike and Kim who BTW bring out some fascinating- facts about WT. If I want an in depth blow by blow account of the latest jw broadcast, I watch cedars. If I want latest updates on a variety of topics such as shunning, child abuse, blood issue etc, I watch Marc and Cora, unwitness and many more. All have the same goal ie to stop the harmful policies of the WPC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit