Does anyone miss those tuneful 'kingdom melodies' ?

by frankie 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• be wise
    be wise
    But the most horrible part about the songs for me, was the fact that my pioneer friend insisted of practising the songs before the meeting! Aaaargh, it was bad enough I had to pre-study the watchtower, but then having to sing the songs as well, that was too much.

Gowd! That's truelly terrible!

How could you ever forgive the borg for that?

By the way, does anyone remember that song that changed totally in rhythm and went from low in pitch to really high. Now that was feckin' funny. I think the start of it went 'Man lives in fear, blah blahdy blah'.

• Room 215
    Room 215

These dreadful songs are useful in one respect they're an accurate barometer of the WTBTS's level of spirituality. On of the great ironies is that I know well the writer of several of the few good ones... he now hates their guts, and the disaffection of this once-rabid JW began with his experiences in interacting with Bethel on the creation of the songbook.

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

oh my god, as a musical person i can tell you that one of the worst forms of torture to me is to have one of those things stuck in my head.

one day my daughter was humming one after having spent the weekend at her father's and gone to the hall and i just about freaked out. needless to say, i put on something much more palatable until we both got the tune out of our heads.

recently i happened to hear one at my mother's (she was listening to the meeting on the speakerphone, something i didn't know she'd planned on doing when we went over there) it was stay awake, stand firm, grow mighty and for some reason the title made me want to giggle (i guess i have a very dirty mind these days) but anyway, my mother was surprised that i remembered the lyrics. course, i also remember the lyrics of just about every commercial jingle i've ever heard whether i like it or not, either.

there were a couple that i could take, but for the most part...i mean, could anyone possibly get through that one about Nazarites without laughing? "self denial was their role?" and this is supposed to be appealing? lol like the average hormone-laden teenager in the hall is thinking 'ooooo yeah, i want to deny myself, i want to be like a nazarite!" lol NOT!

~essie's ghost

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yeah some melodies were really rousing and got you in the mood.

My favourites were 'Hail Jehovahs Firstborn' and 'We're Jehovah's Witnesses'

I couldnt stand those slow moving ones, really made the meetings that slight bit more boring in my estimation.

But all is not lost folks ! You can download them today !!!!!!!! Yes, relive those superb tunes right here my friends.

www.escapethewatchtower.cjb.net

Scroll to the bottom and you can download them in a zip file !!!!!!

Yeah baby

• Hamas
    Hamas

Sorry, slightly big headed there.

I just ripped them from someone else's site.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Welcome, Frankie. Welcome, MRC.

Yeah, those dreadful melodies (Latte, you're sad! ). Occasionally, I get the odd look of disbelief from my wife and sons - then realise I've been humming one of the blasted things! Well, it is 19 years of indoctrination.

MRC, if you're still a JW don't you know it's frowned upon by the Watchtower Org. to even be on the internet? Now that you're here, enjoy your stay, read as many posts as you can and learn the truth about the Truth. Nice to meet you both!

Dansk

Edited to include: Er, Hamas, I'm getting somewhat concerned about you. First supporting Leicester City and now this:

Yeah some melodies were really rousing and got you in the mood.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hey Frankie,

Welcome aboard. We have our own resident musician, Farkel by name, who's rendition of a Kingdom Song is not to be missed.

Enjoy! http://www.bizwebgroup.com/lp/DubSticks.wma

Englishman.

• Loris
    Loris

Some of the tunes I liked. I catch myself humming them at times. I have been so busy with doctrinal discovery I haven't taken the time to examine the lyrics of the songs for whacked out WTS propaganda. So when I start to hum one of the K songs I stop myself. I would rather be with out music than to sing about stupid WTS mind control garbage. It just brings up such negative feelings. One day I will sit down and open that so-called song book and have a good laugh. Not today.

Loris

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

hahaah English..thank you!

Farkel's melodies made my night!

hahaha

• greven
    greven

Frankie!

Welcome aboard! those songs were dreadful indeed, there was only one i liked a bit had somewhat of a battlesong...can't remeber really.

Viv: my pioneer friend insisted of practising the songs before the meeting!

The horror! You know, on one of the bookstudies I went too, some bozo suggested we should practice singing after a special needs talk. so we sang not only on regular meetings but also on the bookstudy often without the music! Because this obviously sounded horrible, we added music later on. I never participated with this because it was incredible silly and not obligatory. I had trouble to keep from laughing, resulting in stomach ache more then one time.LOL!

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit