Just a reminder about voting

by Simon 42 Replies latest forum announcements

• steve2
    steve2

BTW, sometimes when I have clicked on Like or Dislike, my vote has not registered, so I have tried again...and again. To a moderator this could appear as if I'm trying to create false impression of how well liked or disliked a post is.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Is all this like/dislike shaming really necessary. Humans and monkeys see buttons and they have an irrestible urge to keep pushing them it's as simple as that. You bad bad naughty boys and girls big brother is watching YOU.

Though to be fair I'm sure there must be like/dislike "bombers" that come here just so they can keep pushing those buttons all day long for evil purposes. To you lot.. just ...just....stop it already!

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Interesting....if I press like or dislike, it doesn't show unless I refresh the page. I have, on occasion, pressed the living hell out of either button with no change (at least that is what I thought!) But after pressing like and refreshing my browser with your original post, I see they do count! My bad, sorry!!!

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

I never liked (no pun intended) the "like" or "dislike" buttons on here. I don't see the need to keep track in that way. In fact, I didn't even pay attention to them until just recently when it was brought up. It smacks to me of a report card (service report anyone?) Just my two cents' worth. sparrowdown said it better ...

• Simon
    Simon
    What would happen if, as on Facebook, the name or avatar appeared of the individual choosing to Like or Dislike a post? Have you thought of this Simon?

I have, I think it would be very interesting.

For now though it would be less controversial to just display totals, no direct attribution. some people already get in a twist over them, imagine if they could see who? Maybe I should make it a paid feature - both the label your vote and / or to see them ;)

sometimes when I have clicked on Like or Dislike, my vote has not registered, so I have tried again...and again

Most likely explanation is you have already voted and forgotten. If you genuinely think somethings not working let me know and I can check the logs and database - I know it's only a simple thing but I want it to work.

Though to be fair I'm sure there must be like/dislike "bombers" that come here just so they can keep pushing those buttons all day long for evil purposes.

Yes, people register accounts I think with the sole purpose of voting. I delete them all.

I never liked (no pun intended) the "like" or "dislike" buttons on here. I don't see the need to keep track in that way.

Don't click them then.

It smacks to me of a report card (service report anyone?)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

After stifling my opinions (usually strong ones) for the majority of my life when I was a witness....heck, I just like to vote. Please don't take it away Simon!

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

Lol, ya I did it I think yesterday, I hit the like instead of dislike or visa versa. Then tryed to correct to to the opposite by pressing them both. Then I got 1 up 1 down. Was like shit huge bug. Then went back seen it did not have like 4 ups. Was going to write a post about, seen the votes did not stick. Lots of fun to press the like or dislike button lots of times. Man is it fun to press the button though. ADHD makes it even more fun! So do we get figgit bans now?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

For now though it would be less controversial to just display totals, no direct attribution. some people already get in a twist over them,

imagine if they could see who?.....Simon

LOL!!..

I can Guarantee..

You Would Definitely Have Some..

ALL OUT WARS!!..

Image result for clash of clans wallpaper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You Gave Me a Dislike?!..

A F*CK`IN DISLIKE??!!..AHHHHH!!!!!

Image result for clash of clans wallpaper

Some May Find Creative Ways To..