Just a reminder about voting

by Simon 42 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

There appear to be some people who are of the mistaken opinion that endlessly clicking the like or dislike button 20x will mean 20x votes.

It doesn't !!!

Only one vote is ever counted. 1 user, 1 vote, each post. That's it. Regardless of what the number on your screen does, no one else ever see's it. So don't bother.

If people persist doing this then I'm going to simply block anyone doing it from registering any votes.

• cofty
    cofty

I would love to know how many "dislikes" I have earned.

Let's have a league table :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sometimes I`ll vote and think..

"Crap!..Did I already vote?....Jeeeeez!!.. I hope I didn`t screw anything up!"..

I`ve never wondered that 20 times for 1 post.......LOL!!!!..

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, for someone to be doing it constantly means they *think* they can 'cheat' (and are trying to).

I'm working on making the stats visible so people can see how many likes / dislikes are both given out and received. I think me and cofty may have to arm-wrestly to decide on the "most (unfairly) disliked" award :D

It's interesting to see whether someone is balanced or an obvious "hater", especially when you match up the voters and the recipients!

• cofty
    cofty
    I think me and cofty may have to arm-wrestly to decide on the "most (unfairly) disliked" award

haha. Every one is a compliment!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I'm confused. If it doesn't do anything, then how are you aware of people doing it? And if it's only visible on the screen of the person doing it, how will you know if they stop?

• Landy
    Landy

It is a bit wierd, I've just clicked like on cofty's post twice (by accident) and both seem to have registered?

• Simon
    Simon
    It is a bit wierd, I've just clicked like on cofty's post twice (by accident) and both seem to have registered?

No, that's just coincidence because I also clicked like ... so one each.

If it doesn't do anything, then how are you aware of people doing it? And if it's only visible on the screen of the person doing it, how will you know if they stop?

Because I see the server-side logs and get various warnings / alerts that trigger if it looks like something abnormal is going on.

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you - and thanks again.

• Landy
    Landy

Ah - right :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit