Just a reminder about voting

by Simon 42 Replies latest forum announcements

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I wonder if some people were making second accounts and beating the like button on their own posts?

humans are weird.....

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Landy. I suspect this is feeble attempt at some sort of an insult for calling you out/ You truly are a bitter exjw aren't you?

• Landy
    Landy

No - it's just irritation at people who create aliases with the sole intention of trolling. Haven't you got anything better to do?

• DJS
    DJS

In keeping with the spirit of the Olympics, I suggest Simon award the top 3 most Disliked with bronze, silver and gold medals.

The scoring should be based on the number of Dislikes per post. I've been working hard for the gold.

Cofty is an amateur!!

• Caedes
    Caedes

Does this mean I will no longer be able to down-vote every post in a thread in absolute anonymity? Damn-it!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

1 user, 1 vote, each post. That's it - sounds fair to me

• Simon
    Simon
    Hey Simon I actually up voted and didn't down vote, is this also bad in your mind?

Well, isn't it the same thing really? That's why I said "vote" and "like or dislike".

Instead of berating others why don't you fix this issue?. I would actually say, this is down to a glitch on your website that YOU manage. Before posting messages such as this, always remember to fix your own issues with your website that you manage.

I hardly think it's berating anyone and what issue? The votes aren't counted, I'm just telling people to stop wasting their time and my resources (minuscule as they are, I don't like waste and untidy logs). How does anything I do on my website cause you to sit there clicking like? I think you had something to do with your behaviour.

You seem very antsy about this, way more than this topic warrants. Are you just bitter because of all those minutes you sat clicking "like" on the same post were completely wasted? Did your widdle finger get sore? Aw ...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Did your widdle finger get sore? Aw ...

Image result for sore finger

• Londo111
    Londo111

I just clicked like on the OP a bunch of times just to be ironic. :)

• steve2
    steve2

The unfortunately "captivating" aspect of the Like and Dislike tabs on this site is they appear under posts but remain anonymous (except to Simon and Moderators).

What would happen if, as on Facebook, the name or avatar appeared of the individual choosing to Like or Dislike a post? It might make posters more cautious because their name/avatar would also appear. In my view, if a post elicits a Like or Dislike from someone, they need to "own" it.

Have you thought of this Simon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit