Have you Witnessed a Change in People's Life-Style / Behaviour where you Live?

by smiddy3 19 Replies latest social current

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I certainly have , over the normal week I go to one of two clubs where i have two beers over a couple of hours ( I pace myself ) and catch up with a few friends . One of the clubs every hour goes around to disinfect everywhere people make contact with pokies /machines or whatever we might touch.And they also now have limits as to how many can be in a certain area at any one time.And that applies to both clubs ,except one does not disinfect every hour.

Today, their were far fewer people in this particular club that i attended that is usually bustling with patrons on a Saturday either drinking Gambling and socializing .Not today. And a strict rule of how many could be in a certain area at any one time .

And I agree with all of this , its necessary .And i will be monitoring my own activities as need be.

What have you noticed in your neck of the woods.? that has changed .?

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

Hi Smiddy,

I am in West Australia,supermarkets are busy early in the day till everything is gone, shopping centres are generally a lot quieter, cafes have reduced seating and no cutlery, sugar, salt and pepper, etc on tables and have seen a few people wearing masks. I had to go to the big green hardware for work the other day and it was very quiet.The girl in the cafe nearly fainted when I tried to pay for my coffee with cash, silly me. My son works in a high end butchery, very expensive, they had to put a man on the door to control entry, sold out every day. Where we live is about an hour out of the city and seems about normal except for the supermarket which is full of people I have never seen before asking for toilet paper and rice!? The shop owner is approaching locals and offering loo paper out the back store room, put it in your bag and only show the checkout girl. I kid you not.Local pub quiet.

Stay safe every one and wash your hands!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks Tantalon for that i`m in E.G.Vict. and i believe a lot of the business people here and elsewhere are refusing to take cash you either pay by card or you dont get the goods./no cash wanted .

And some areas are wanting to see I.D. of where you live because many people have been travelling to country towns buying up all they can and their is nothing left for the locals.

In situations like this you can see the best of people but sadly you can also see the worst come out in some people.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In U K.... the streets are less crowded , the supermarkets are busy, but have a lot of gaps on the shelves.

From today, of course, all cafes, pubs , clubs sports gyms are closed , so there is nowhere much to be going..

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

In Germany restaurants, cafes etc. are closed. However, restaurants may provide or deliver prepared food for pick-up.

As many businesses are therefore on the verge of bankruptcy, there are many rescue campaigns.

So you can send money and receive a voucher for it, which you can redeem later. This is to help small shops to survive the difficult phase.

I myself have voluntarily imposed a quarantine and stay at home.

#WeStayAtHome

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Here in western New York it is a ghost town. Most of the stores are closed only grocery stores, Walmart, home depot and drivethroughs on restaurants are open. All of them are operating on limited hours. I can see if it goes for several months all the mom and pop stores will be gone. Hard times are acoming. Still Totally ADD

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Central/Northern Californians are sort of nervous but hey Californians are a little wacky anyway. We're very liberal out here and certainly not used to being indoors even in the winter. This winter has been mostly very dry but it started raining some last week. The road traffic is clearly much lighter but the beaches and parks are still getting visitors. Just a time to hunker down and wait it out.

just saying!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

theres got to be more to this than governments are saying. in the UK there are 5,000 known infected and 233 dead--a fraction of the cases and deaths we get from flu each year. yet the government has launched measures that will cost billions yet ruin countless businesses.

whats going on ?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, we are not under a full-shutdown here in South Florida (yet) but so much of the tourist activity has been reduced by 70-80%. In fact, the Florida Keys are being virtually shut down for tourism. Plus, the beaches are being closed since the Spring-Breakers are just treating this as business as usual.

Restaurants and bars can only sell food to go. Schools are closed. All of the strip clubs are closed (no lap dances). There is even talk on the news that there could be a full shutdown here like they are doing in California, New York, Illinois and New Jersey.

Things here are on a day-by-day basis as is the case in many other areas.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves

Yes. In addition to what others have said, because its about the same. People are also losing their jobs left and right.

Then there the ones that still have a job literally hatefully rubbing it in peoples faces. I saw that earlier in the week. Some of those people are now out of work. I would laugh but I'm busy trying to calm myself and survive.

Even though there is a rent freeze here. Some places will not honor that. The good news to that is the courts are closed so they cant evict anyway without a judge. For now.

Stores are doing a decent job of re-stocking , as best they can.

My doctors have started using video appointments and or phone visits.

Less traffic. Ironically, less law enforcement.

Senior center closed. Public places closed. Tourist stuff closed.

The hwy I live on says 'Locals only'.

Denial, I see lots of people in denial. Though that is fading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit