May 15, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: Regular Pioneers

by wifibandit 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

Your story rings true with me, Hairtrigger! Back in the '70's when I was a Pioneer, the hours goal was set at 100 hours per month. Every month, I would barely claim about 90 hours and sometimes actually make the 100 hours. My Pioneer partner, on the other hand, consistently reported anywhere from 105-115 hours. Today, he is a well respected Elder and I am 'persona non gratia' and have no association with the religion.

It's all bull$hit!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Sparky1

He's an elder In hell while yu r free.He smells the bullshit while yu n I taste the joy of living!

I'd rather be where I am today than a rotten member of the G.B.

Cheers!

• steve2
    steve2

All such assignments are forms of sacred service.

Yes, but looking after sick relatives isn't. Hypocrites.

• zeb
    zeb

.."840 hours.."

Yet the wt lawyers at a court case in Victoria Australia stated to the gasp of the jw in the public stand that the wt does not require hours not the elders not the min servants hours are the individual publishers personal mission.

• freddo
    freddo

Three sexual predators I knew personally as in waved hello and talked to them at conventions before I knew what they were - two of them pedo's.

1. Service Overseer and Pioneer - predator.

2. Keen young Pioneer - pedo.

3. The worst of the lot - MICHAEL PORTER - Pioneer, Elder, Service Overseer, Bethelite. Probably the most notorious UK JW pedo that went to prison on 22 or 24 counts.

All approved by elders and bethel under direction of "Holy Spirit" while they were perving - yeah right.

• waton
    waton

WTBtS uses the reported free hours of jws as proof of their noncommercial charity status. so, they have, to my knowledge, never disciplined anyone for fudging the hours, upward.

Jws imagine they are working for the kingdom government. they would be on salary in the real visible world. time clocks in government departments?

• sir82
    sir82

"Special consideration should also be granted to pioneers who fall short of the annual hour requirement if they serve in construction oversight, as Assembly Hall overseers, or on Hospital Liaison Committees, Patient Visitation Groups, Disaster Relief Committees, or Convention Committees."

But no special consideration for "caring for sick relatives".

So breaking this down, you can remain a pioneer if you spend lots of time visiting strangers in the hospital, coercing them into following JW blood policy, but you must step down as a pioneer if instead you spend lots of time visiting your sick relatives in the hospital in a non-official-JW capacity.

Yeah, sounds "Christ-like" to me.

Twats.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

As soon as I had kids, I barely went out door to door. It was an automatic 4 hours of bible study! Yeah!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    waton: WTBtS uses the reported free hours of jws as proof of their noncommercial charity status. so, they have, to my knowledge, never disciplined anyone for fudging the hours, upward.

Exactly.

As long as the department that records volunteer hours for the charity has numbers to submit to the tax man, they could care less how accurate the numbers are - just as long as the number is reported...that is all that really counts.

Go ahead and fudge the number of hours actually put in - it is the reporting of those hours that helps the congregations and, by extension, the WTS, stay tax free.

Hours spent in field ministry is "outreach work" done by charitable volunteers.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Looking at the requirements to be met to be recommended, the only male Pioneers would now be elders or m/s.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit