May 15, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: Regular Pioneers

by wifibandit 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Damn....what a vetting process! He/she JW publisher is being reviewed for a lowly 'privileged' pioneer position...not as director of the F.B.I.!

Another example of how the WTBTS weighs itself down with needless technicalities!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

18. Infirm Regular Pioneers: In rare circumstances, a brother or sister may be approved to remain as a pioneer without having a minimum hour requirement. This provision is only for exemplary, longtime pioneers who have a heartfelt desire to serve always as regular pioneers and who feel they would be taking a backward step if they had to discontinue but who are unable to meet the hour requirement because of infirmity. The elders may consider designating such a pioneer as an infirm regular pioneer if he (1) is over 50 years old and (2) has pioneered for at least 15 cumulative years. This decision should be made only after consulting with the circuit overseer regarding the situation. This arrangement is not a provision to allow an individual to care for sick relatives, do added secular work, and so forth. Those who first enter the pioneer service when they are 60 or 70 years old do not come under this arrangement simply because of their age. There is no need to give consideration to allowing an older pioneer who develops health problems to serve as an infirm regular pioneer if he is willing to transfer to the publisher ranks.

Nowhere in this letter does it show love and/or concern for the elderly or infirm brothers and sisters. It's all about totting up those hours, can they meet the hour requirement? They want to care for their sick relatives? Too bad!

So glad im not a member anymore.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Why does it matter? I never understood this. If Jehovah knows everything, then he'll know how many hours people do anyway. Why do they have to report it to the higher ups? I was badgered all the time when I was a kid to turn my hours in. I never did. I didn't go out much either and neither did my parents back then. I was lucky!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As the pioneer is not considered appointed until the name appears on JW org's Site, it will make it impossible in Law for them to deny he/she is their Agent, and therefore they, JW Org, are liable if any misdemeanor is committed by a Reg. Pio.

• sparky1
    sparky1

PIONEER: from Old French peonier foot soldier, from peon foot soldier. - Merriam Webster Online Dictionary.

Why so many childish rules and regulations for a Watchtower Peon? More rules and regulations to prop up the Ecclesiastical Hierarchy known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

What is the benefit to being a pioneer, again? No "wholesale" magazine price (which was a joke in any case) No free anything. No special seat in the cong. Nothing other than a weird bragging right (that really mostly speaks of nothing better to do)

My aunt was a week out of traumatic surgery (with a lifespan of 11 months) and can't wait to go spend it getting in her hours at "the cart". Seriously. She is speaking to me (and never stopped) but thinks that standing there mute while folks walk on by is a good way to spend her days not in chemo. Seriously breaks my heart. I guess she's got nothing better to do. . . but I wish that her good heart could be doing some actual 'good' in the world with her limited time left, rather than this nonsense. I'm not sayng a word to her-life is hard enough, but its a sad way to spend ones last days. And NOT being a pioneer anymore will break her heart-as this seems to tell me that she will be removed as her service time hasn't been long enough. Nice way to send her packing, right?

"That chemo is just taking you out of Jehovah's service too much, so we will have to remove you for not making your hours. That we know you are doing everything you can, more than you can, really, means nothing to us. We have our reports to make!"

Ah, the love!!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think it is easier to get into the FBI then becoming a pioneer. Rules, Rules and more rules. Only the "exemplary" may apply (or at least look exemplary). Spiritual by day a prescription drug abuser by night. lol

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Almost all JDubs cook up the hours anyway so what's the big deal in signing up for 840 hrs. All Jdubs , in every congregation, should sign up. And post 1040 hrs. Then the GB can say prophesy is being fulfilled. End time HAS turned the corner. Preaching work's been speeded up just like Jesus said.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    This arrangement is not a provision to allow an individual to care for sick relatives...

Helping people in need is one of the cornerstones and most honorable pursuits in Christianity. It takes a spiritual person to voluntarily look after others who are incapable of taking care of themselves. But in the Watchtower world it isn't permitted if you want to remain a pioneer - only time spent preaching the Watchtower message counts, and is the main marker of spirituality.

Looking at this from a distance now, it is clear just how perverted the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit