I can just imagine the hype that is going on in Australia about how close armageddon is now with all of these bushfires occurring.

by smiddy3 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sincere empathy to all who live in Australia .

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I live to the east of Melbourne, close to the Dandenong Ranges. At times an idiot firebug decides to set it alight, but fortunately not so far.

We have smoke from either NSW or Gippsland, which I am wary of, given my chronic bronchitis (picked up during the chemo). So I do not take my daily walk when the air is smoky.

Doug

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Nathan Natas - "...nothing says "ARMAGEDDON!" like bush fires -- unless it is thunderstorms and floods..."

Yeah, hard-core JW believers should watch Roland Emmerich movies.

They have a lot more in common with the WTS's End-of-the-World fantasies than "current events".

:smirk:

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hi guys & gals,first off thank you for your concern & moral support and offers to help it really means a lot.

My wife & I ,did leave Lakes Entrance on Friday morning and just got back this afternoon 07/01/2020 .

With what we experienced before leaving and what was predicted could happen in the coming days I had to leave for my wifes sanity ,I think she would have had a nervous breakdown if I had not evacuated .

Our area is still under a watch & act situation because of what is expected weather wise this coming week-end.

Rising temperatures into the 40deg.C and strong winds again ,so we might be doing it all over again.

At least this time we will be better prepared .We got 2 hours drive away and stopped for some refreshments only to discover I hadn`t brought my wallet with me ,thank goodness she had some cards with her to get us by on.

At least we had a good time catching up with family & friends.

And our house is still standing and we are safe .

Thanks friends.

I have heard so far up to 2000 homes have been lost and the loss of sheep and cattle is just horrendous .

The toll on wildlife ,its just a major disaster.I believe over 100 American firerys are over here to help also and donations are coming in from everywhere ,i just hope it all goes to those in need.This little town is going to be devastated by this ,businesses rely on the tourism industry in summer to get them through the lean times in winter and now that all the tourists have gone ? Who knows how some will survive.

thanks for listening.

PS.Looking on the bright side of things i`m glad i made the decision to leave when I did ,I have just heard that the 3 clubs in town and the 1 pub all closed down for the best part of 3 days and nights.

I wouldn`t have survived .

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I can hardly watch the coverage of what is taking place in Australia and the thought of what is happening to the local wildlife is difficult to bear.

It occurred to me that there will likely be JW's who find consolation in thinking that the fires are all part of the "end of the system" and other than protecting their Kingdom Hall or congregation members homes, they are not responsible for doing anything about it personally.

I remember during hurricane Katrina, there were those fundamentalists who said God was punishing New Orleans because of homosexuals and because of Mardi Gra. It's a stretch but do you suppose there are any JW's who go so far as to say that Jehovah is angry at Australia because of the ARC?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It's a stretch but do you suppose there are any JW's who go so far as to say that Jehovah is angry at Australia because of the ARC?

I`m not too sure about that Pete ,however having a bit of an insight on how JW`s reason ,being there myself at one time it wouldn`t surprise me if some took that attitude but I doubt very much that the organization would go that far.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Fist of all, my sympathies to all the Australian people who have lost loved ones and property because of these fires.

The fires are surrounding the whole perimeter of the country by the looks😳. Is it connected with global warming? - any connection seems to be tenuous.

Have a look at the following vid ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_tn8f0uaB4

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Climate change? You have to wonder if Climate change is what caused the "global" flood in Noah's day?

just saying!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I feel terrible for the wildlife. The idiocy and greed that contributed to this problem makes me want to believe a Divine Being will save us. Humans obviously can’t get out of their own way..

Maybe Australia will be a wake up call for humanity?

DD

• LV101
    LV101

I can't watch the link or the coverage - unreal. I hope other countries are in their helping fly/provide the necessary anti-fire methods/means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit