I can just imagine the hype that is going on in Australia about how close armageddon is now with all of these bushfires occurring.

by smiddy3 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The official word as recorded by ABC radio Australia is that only about 1% of fires in Australia have been started by humans /arsonists and the majority of fires are started by { dry?} lightning and thunderstorms with little rain.

True ,is the fact that the greens policys have been a major contributor to the undergrowth that has been allowed to accumulate over the years which has been a major source of fuel that has led to these catastrophic conditions.

More than 2000 homes have been destroyed and to date 20 lives have been lost, and 1.3 million hectares of land has been burned .

We are in a repreive situation at the moment with the cooler conditions here in Victoria but having said that the northern victoria fire has now merged with the NSW fire to become a Megafire in that region.

And we still have to go through the rest of january into febuary which is a high for fires and then into march .

So we still have a long way to go before this is over .

My wife and I vacated for 6 days this last weekend ,hopefully we wont have to do it again .

Despite the negatives some have towards the Government for not doing enough I cant fault them and i`m not political for one party or another ,I think they are doing all they can in providing assistance and help.

Army helicopters are flying past here numerous times during the day giving assistance where its needed .

I think credit should be given when credit is due.

smiddy

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Did you go on vacation with your Prime Minister??

DD

• Listener
    Listener

The Greens have never had the majority vote in Government on mainland Australia, I can't see how they can be blamed for final decisions the ruling Government chooses to make.

There is a lot to be learnt from this. New ways of dealing with the threat of fires and the fires themselves will be important.

There is so much suffering that comes from this and it the repercussions will be felt for some time. There is also a lot of coming together and supporting each other.

Our firefighters and volunteer firefighters are true hero's.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

According to the director of NSW Rural Fire Service, Shane Fitzsimmons, there has been no prohibition placed by "Greenies" (or anybody else) on the use of controlled burn-offs to achieve fuel reduction. (See the following link).

https://7news.com.au/news/bushfires/fire-experts-rubbish-claims-that-hazard-reduction-failure-is-to-blame-for-crisis-c-639568

Rather, Fitzsimmons points out that of late, there have been few opportunities to safely carry out such controlled fuel-reduction burning operations. Simply put, what he terms "fire weather" now occurs more frequently, is of a greater severity than beforehand, and forms a season that lasts far longer than once was the case.

Furthermore, he reminds the reader of several other facts.

• One being that fuel reduction is not a "silver bullet". While it can reduce the severity of a bushfire, it will not prevent one from happening.
    • The other point he mentions is something that has long been known to forest fire fighters in Australia; namely, that in extreme bushfire conditions, a disastrous fire can still be sustained by very little fuel. In those situations, fuel reduction operations alone are not enough to prevent damaging fires.

Coming from somebody who is involved almost on a daily basis with controlling bushfires, the observations made by Shane Fitzsimmons ought to be taken seriously.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

There have been 28 major bushfires in Australia from 1851 to 2013 and up until that time black saturday has been the worst with so many lives lost.

The Black Saturday bushfires were the worst in Australia's history, killing 173 people. Almost 80 communities were directly affected and entire towns were left unrecognisable.

The fires burned more than 2,000 properties and 61 businesses. Almost 430,000 hectares of land were directly affected, including 70 national parks and reserves and more than 3,550 agricultural facilities.

Afterwards the fires were the subject of a Royal Commission.

Black saturday was in Feb.7 2009

If anybody is interested in bushfire in Australia from a historical point of view.you can google this history.

I beleive in this present bushfire season so far ,and its not over yet , more than 1.3 million hectares of land has been burnt. 26 lives lost and in excess of 2000 + homes lost .As of 12/01/2020

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The following is a good video examining the current bush fire crisis and comparing that to previous bush fire seasons ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxqp1PdAV-E

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I cannot watch this, the darling animals, the fact that all food source will be gone the earth will not be sustainable in those areas, at least some flood rains came but only put out 25 reported locations - 75 are still burning...

Canada has sent over three lifts of fighters so far

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit