The Watchtower Tract Society doesn't print Bibles?

by Nathan Natas 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

WOW, Careful!

Are you in the UK?

I don't get out much, but I have never seen a JW cart in the USA!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

careful, was this a few years ago? I wonder if this experience could be repeated these days. Because I remember when carts first started they were told to have Bibles and other literature on hand. Since then they have downscaled their literature offer considerably, even to the point that the cart posters are now designed to “start a conversation” rather than feature an actual item of literature. My guess is that many JWs on carts, if asked for a copy of the Bible, would first want to know why you want one, probably don’t have spare copies on hand, and might want to arrange a visit.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I know that the carts in this neck of the woods do not have copies of the bible on it.

In fact they don't even give away the magazines in the first instance. They hand out business cards with JW borg on it and tell ones to visit the site.

One sister was telling me how wonderful it was that a group of tourists all wanted a card from her and she ran out!

Hahahahaha

I wish we could have done witnessing like that. They now have 3 people per cart as a security/safety measure so each hour the cart stands there three hours of witnessing can be reported. When you bring this to their attention they do not bat an eyelid.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Nathan, those ebay prices you are seeing are a bit high. This week I received a Large Print rNWT that cost $13.00 with shipping included and in perfect condition - it was an ebay purchase. But I looked daily for a while since most are in the $25 to 30 range. For me it was worth the wait.

It was my second purchase of that Bible, the first one costing $14 with shipping included, about a year ago.

I also bought a regular edition rNWT (not Large Print) from an Amazon seller. They are usually much less, but I paid $10 for it - with shipping and tax it was $15 (I just looked that up). I guess I did pretty well with the Large Prints on ebay.

I have no experience looking for Byington's The Bible In Living English.

• berrygerry
  • Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Printed copies of the RNWT are available inside the Kingdom Halls. Just ask someone who attends to get you one. There's bound to be someone you know who is pimo.

• oppostate
  • LV101
    LV101

The Byington Bible available on Amazon has good reviews along with endorsements for the 2019 RNWT! Maybe it is touted because of the name Jehovah being used thousands of times - or who knows. Perhaps JWs have written the reviews.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"In fact they don't even give away the magazines in the first instance. They hand out business cards with JW borg on it and tell ones to visit the "

Here, U K, they freely hand out mags. A NWT would be placed, as they say ,with an interested person....to order
    I am sure they are still printed in house

• LV101
    LV101

How do the escapees get their hands on magazines? Is there a website that shares -- probably unlawful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit