Watchtower Study March 2020.....Make peace with your brothers

by RULES & REGULATIONS 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    My, my. So many who perceive that they may have been wronged. Didn't the lord and savior Jesus Christ counsel to remove the rafter from your own eye so you could see how to remove the (tiny) straw from your brothers eye? And what about let the one without sin cast the first stone. I must be in good company here as so many of you are perfect.

2 Jesus said that his true disciples would be clearly identifiable if they showed the same sort of love that he displayed. That statement was true in the first century, and it is true today. How important it is that we overcome any challenges and show love for one another!

4 Jesus taught us the importance of making peace with a brother who has something against us. (Read Matthew 5:23, 24.) He emphasized that we need to maintain good relations with others if we are to please God. Jehovah is happy when we do our best to make peace with our brothers. He will not accept our worship if we hang on to resentment and refuse even to try to make peace.​—1 John 4:20.

JTottigy: After reading your 15 posts, it looks like you are either a Jehovah's Witness who is lost or just trying to stir up members on this site!

Please read paragraphs 2 and 4 and you will see that Jehovah's Witness are not clearly identified as true disciples, nor does Jehovah accept their worship.

If you still attend meetings ask yourself:

Have I seen verbal fights among members?

Have I seen promotions or demotions due to favoritism/nepotism?

Are Elders children protected/forgiven more than other children in the congregation?

Has anyone ever left or changed congregations due to refusing to get along or make peace with another member?

Are their alcoholics, adulterers, thieves, or pedophiles still inside your local congregation?

Jesus said that his true disciples would be clearly identifiable if they showed the same sort of love that he displayed.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KRISMALONE:

The attitude of the elder you described who thought he could do what he did and not be prosecuted or accountable is the reason why I had almost no dealings with Witnesses.

Anybody who thought they were going to victimize ME should be dead as far as I was concerned..This is why the Witness religion is corrupt and it’s not even THAT old..They knock the Catholics but imagine what the JW religion would resemble if IT were around that long! 😮

HOSER:

I agree that the demographics of the religion would resemble any other organization with regard to takers and givers and bad human nature. However, victimization is MORE pronounced in the Witness religion than elsewhere because of twisted scriptures! At least in the ‘world’ you take somebody to court to get satisfaction for being wronged and there is also not the expectation that you are there to ‘tolerate’ it - unlike the sick and dysfunctional Witness religion where they imagine somebody is!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Panorama Friday, 12 July, 2002, 18:11 GMT 19:11 UK

Alison Cousins: taking a brother to court
    Alison Cousins

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they should not take another member of their church to court.

1 Corinthians 6:1, 5

"Does anyone of You that has a case against the other dare to go to court before unrighteous men, and not before the holy ones?"

"I am speaking to move You to shame. Is it true that there is not one wise man among You that will be able to judge between his brothers, but brother goes to court with brother, and that before unbelievers?"

Alison's story

Alison Cousins grew up in the small Ayrshire town of Stevenson, just outside Glasgow, where her parents were active members of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

When she told the elders of her local congregation that her father was abusing her they told her they would deal with it.

They did nothing however, and eventually she went to the police.

Her father was imprisoned for five years.

Alison told Panorama:

"They told me that one of the scriptures in the Bible was that you should never take your brother to court.

"And I said to them: 'well what are you meant to do then if he's doing something wrong?'

"And they said: 'Come to us and we'll deal with it'.

"I said to them: 'Well I've already spoken to you and you've told me I'm a liar'.

"I ended up having to go to the police because they were the only people that I thought would believe me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, victimization is MORE pronounced in the Witness religion than elsewhere because of twisted scriptures! At least in the ‘world’ you take somebody to court to get satisfaction for being wronged and there is also not the expectation that you are there to ‘tolerate’ it - unlike the sick and dysfunctional Witness religion where they imagine somebody is!

Watchtower November 15, 1973: "And by dragging fellow believers before pagan judges, they would bring great reproach upon God’s name. As outsiders would be led to believe that Christians were no different from other people in being unable to settle differences, the interests of true worship would be injured. It would have been far better for individual Christians to take personal loss rather than to injure the entire congregation by bringing their disputes to public notice."

• days of future passed
    days of future passed
    JTrottigy

My, my. So many who perceive that they may have been wronged. Didn't the lord and savior Jesus Christ counsel to remove the rafter from your own eye so you could see how to remove the (tiny) straw from your brothers eye? And what about let the one without sin cast the first stone. I must be in good company here as so many of you are perfect.

This is how they guilt people into not standing up for themselves.
    By the way, from the mouth of the Watchtower itself:

Tampering Discovered and Corrected

It was obvious from the start that the text of Tischendorf’s discovery was basically identical with that which was the foundation for today’s Bibles. Yet it revealed evidence of tampering.

An example is the familiar account at John 8:1-11 (Authorized Version) about an adulterous woman about to be stoned, and that reports Jesus as saying, ‘Let him that is without sin cast the first stone.’ It was not in this early manuscript. So later editions of the Bible have removed it or put it in a footnote to refine the Bible text. Other additions were also found and deleted.

So using a "tampered" text is funny coming from a JW.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Actually our congregation could have been called “The Elder (wars) Scrolls”!!

Lots of squabbling elders. Thankfully not too bad with the flock, though. Unless you were foolish enough to take ‘sides’.

Mostly arguments about not paying for car prangs....there were lots of those with a tiny car park and terrible parallel parking out on the road.

oh and one mild fisticuffs over a girl...the boys weren’t baptised (I think...)

• Magnum
    Magnum

I swear, JWs are so embarrassingly corny. I used to get so tired of the corny pictures and the associated terrible acting in their publications. So stinkin phony-looking.

I can hear in my mind now the comments at the meetings when the photos above are discussed: "Now, as we can see, the sister in the picture on the left.... blah, blah, blah."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES&REGULATIONS:

The religion is only interested in its reputation and could not care if the average JW is ground to dust.

I’m sure the scripture about ‘not bringing somebody to court’ wasn’t referring to a corrupt bunch of people with a cannibalistic attitude towards other members - which is unfortunately what I see in the JW religion.

I saw this early on and felt I’d have to be an idiot to deal with deadbeats, con artists, delusional idiots and outright crooks which is sadly what some Witnesses are. I only had one dealing with somebody who sold me products through an MLM.

There were a few others who were honorable (the JW who did my taxes) but I had no desire to play Russian Roulette - so I kept away from JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit