Watchtower Study March 2020.....Make peace with your brothers

by RULES & REGULATIONS 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Watchtower—Study Edition | March 2020

4 Jesus taught us the importance of making peace with a brother who has something against us. (Read Matthew 5:23, 24.) He emphasized that we need to maintain good relations with others if we are to please God. Jehovah is happy when we do our best to make peace with our brothers. He will not accept our worship if we hang on to resentment and refuse even to try to make peace.​—1 John 4:20.

20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

I laughed at this article! My congregation had numerous verbal fights, witnessed a physical fight inside the Kingdom Hall where police had to be called, members who changed congregations due to demotions, members who refused to go out in field service with certain brothers and sisters, Elders talking down to someone while a meeting was in session, and Elders who would not accept other Elders children's conduct while his children could do no wrong.

What did you witness in your congregation?
  • steve2
    steve2

Make peace not shunning.

• waton
    waton

abusive elders dont care if you have something against them, they love it, it is their power trip. and

they are not going to come ro make amends.

it is you that is the sinner for resenting abuse, you have to make amends, you that is disrespectful of "god's" appointed ones.

even if it is against all human wisdom.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES&REGULATIONS & WATON:

I was always of the opinion that most of the problems in kingdom halls were not because of ‘imperfection’ (the excuse they love) - but were a direct result of faulty teachings and crackpot beliefs of the Witness religion.

Just to name a few problems:..arrogant or stupid elders; intrusiveness into people’s business with no boundaries; idiot people thinking they can be forgiven for anything; people encouraged to be deadbeats mooching off others; people thinking they aren’t going to be taken to court for defrauding/harming their ‘brother’ (why I never dealt with anybody there because I’d have them arrested); people thinking they are going to be treated special because of putting on spiritual ‘airs’ besides being nuts..etc.

All in all, it is an abusive and damaging religion that I’m glad to be done with.

They would like you to sit there and accept anything because of a mistaken idea you have to tolerate garbage.. Depending on how gullible a person is - this can have tragic consequences!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

LongHairGirl said:

people thinking they aren’t going to be taken to court for defrauding/harming their ‘brother’

We had too many congregation members (who were dishonest contractors) that would cheat on labor /materials and do shoddy work for fellow brothers. Elders would always be called to resolve their disputes. Also, money loans were given out to fellow brothers and were never repaid.

One Elder lent his Jehovah's Witness son-in-law money to start a heating and air-conditioning business and had a hard time getting his money back. They waited years to settle their dispute because neither would go to court for a solution. The ingrate son-in-law moved to another congregation after he paid the loan back.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I recall there was a situation with some elder brother owing money to my father and the elders telling him not to pursuit the claim.

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

They publish this crap so they look good to outsiders. They do not practice what they preach. My own family shuns me because I no longer believe their nonsense. Where's the love?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I just found it annoying that articles like that, only had results from the "nice" people who did try to smooth things over. The takers and the mean ones - they never apologized. In fact, I think it encouraged the selfish to take advantage of the others because people who were trying to be christian, were guilted into forgiving them without any evidence of "repentance".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    What did you witness in your congregation?

Weirdos trying to pretend to be normal.

Nothing extreme or violent. Brothers(tm) defrauded by other brothers. If the fraud was in with the 'in crowd' he was protected by the elders(tm). The defrauded victim could just f### off as far as they were concerned.

Jealousy. Lots of it. Oozing with jealousy and favouritism.

The biggest bully on the BOE would get his way and brown nose the CO.

CO's that only wanted to stay with the wealthy brothers(tm), who were incapable elders and wankers.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Making peace with someone that is intentionally ruining my life? Or that is doing all they can to make sure I am bound to the strictest standards so I can have all my vitality used to enslave the world? These are not simple mistakes or learning experiences, such as someone panicking and lying to minimize the effect of something they did (mistake or not). These are malicious attempts to ensure that joke-hova gets to use me to the hilt to enslave the whole world.

And no, that scripture does not apply to me because I actually hate this thing that calls itself a god. I hate that thing for using my soul to enslave the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit