Is the Sell-off of Kingdom Halls Just a Cyclical Process

by RubaDub 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

With more and more KH's being sold off, will it only be a matter of time that there will be a push to build new ones?

Greater emphasis on donating to build new KH's since some brothers have to drive long distances to attend meetings?

And that smaller communities should have a local KH that is visible to all in the area?

Send money for this loving provision.

Donate -> Build -> Sell ... Donate-> Build -> Sell ... Donate-> Build-> Sell etc.

Don't be surprised if at some point a Regional Building Committee thing appears again in the next 5-10 years.

Rub a Dub

• LV101
    LV101

Rub - they've already redesigned halls for flipping -- their old model obsolete. Maybe they'll serve drive-thru magazines or sell something. Whatever it takes to generate money. The new, small, hall here looks just like a Jack in the Box. They're on their game and have plenty of draftsmen/engineers working with their real estate dept. to carry on.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

The new one in my area looks like a Burger King. Maybe they can install a drive-through window, sell burgers and call it a Burger King-dom Hall.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Yes. Goes like:

hey these two congregations are close to each other and only have 40 people average each. Let's combine into one, sell one of the halls and give us the money.

Now 5 years later. Hey this congregation barely fits into one hall. We'll finance you a new hall, and you can pay us back, and we can then split into 2 congregations.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

In the 90s Waterlooville congregation split into 2 and we became Horndean congregation and shared their hall. 10 years later we were able to purchase land 3 miles away in Horndean on some industrial land. A further 10 years on and the Waterlooville hall was sold and they now share with Horndean.

In 2003 the English speaking congregation in Fuerteventura which was sharing with the Spanish speaking congregation bought an old pizza parlour and converted it to a KH. Ten years later it was sold and they rejoined the Spanish hall again.

It's been going on for years. It's not new.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I could see it happening. Once the consolidation is done then make the left over congregations pay for a new hall that’s a building that can be more easily flipped later on.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am sure THEY hope it's cyclical.

But I think Watchtower's trying to reinvent itself will not work and they will slowly die off.

Even if they don't slowly die off with no need for new Kingdom Halls, they are switching to less and less literature.
    They are going to have to find new revenue sources before they ever seriously start rebuilding.

I imagine they won't. They will need less and less Kingdom Halls for less and less members.

• Darth FayDehr
    Darth FayDehr

I just found out they have a contingency for their depleting funds; it's something I thought they would never stoop to. I will publish the links very soon. They are so sneaky, it's depressing to discover how far they will go to ensure a flow of funds. Their contingency plan does not require Any Kingdom Halls.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Selling off the KHs is an endgame process they morphing into something else.

• LV101
    LV101

OTWO - I think you're right on the money but I think they've skimmed money for so long they can keep the game going - I hope not.

Darth - oh NO! Wish there was an easy way we could warn the minions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit