June 2016 WT (study edition) Bashing Higher Education....AGAIN!

by ToesUp 41 Replies latest jw friends

• just fine
    just fine
    I also think college teaches you to think. Can't have that going on in the JW religion.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    They know the kids are ignoring the education directive wherever possible...and broke parents may also be starting to look the other way too, eventually. Especially with this over lapping generation BS and armaggedon not panning out...ahem!
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    LOL@ whomever gave me a down vote. That's funny. I couldn't have been more detailed or accurate as to why the Whack-tower is misapplying this text.
  • bohm
    bohm
    Hadriel: It's also possible it was a misclick, I have done that.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    ...oh I'm fine @bohm really just thought dang I threw the thread a nice history/commentary nugget and got worked ha ha.
  • maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

reading the comment made by sir82, reminds me when I questioned the stance on education while still in it hurt my head, because so many things you can do with a education open up opportunities that could be used for the org. Teaching or engineering for example, you could get a job in just about any country you wanted. when I was younger the org was growing in Japan by leaps and bounds, if you taught english you could get a job very easy.

yet they choose to talk us out of school, then ask for people with degrees to come to bethel and work on the new computer system.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Weez Jehobers Bitnneses dont need to schooling. Weez unedumacated and foolish ands prouds of it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"yet they choose to talk us out of school, then ask for people with degrees to come to bethel and work on the new computer system."

Here's where the contradictions and hypocrisy comes in. I guess if WT can "use" you to pursue "kingdumb interests" all is ok.

Hadriel....Whack-tower. My new word for the day. Love it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

So, here we are in the year 2016 and the Witness religion is still bashing college.

Well, since they have "dumbed-down" their literature, they can no longer make the foolish brag that reading their magazines is like getting a "college education"! Of course, it was laughable that anybody there EVER made this claim. Now, it is even more sad.

How can anybody in the religion make the stupid statement equating college as "seeking great things", when the reality is that persons are just paying essential bills?...How can they say this with a straight face and let alone anybody sitting there actually believe this! They are masters at insulting people's intelligence.

But, yet they want college educated professionals for bethel! So, an education is okay if it benefits the religion but bad if it is to benefit you. You should therefore starve to death, right?

Only a fool would give them money.

• pixel
    pixel

Please, please stop bashing the WT over their lovely counsel to avoid the so called "higher education".

Please, pay attention to the following sound counsel and you will see why it is so wise to not pursue the so called "higher education":

"Therefore as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college career, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on its way towards its finish, if not actually gone." (Awake! 1969 May-22 p.15)

BS straight from the horse's mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit