June 2016 WT (study edition) Bashing Higher Education....AGAIN!

by ToesUp 41 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm
    Perhaps it's just as much about discouraging higher education as it is to manage regret in people who might have opted out of getting it earlier in their life.
  • gingerbread
    gingerbread

The under-educated make the best laborers. And, historically speaking, the poorer members of society give their last coin to the church.

The Watchtower knows this to be true - religion is good business (and a snare and a racket)

ginger

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There was a particularly wacky WT about a decade ago that said if you go to university and pursue a respectable career you are guilty of supporting the current system of things and wishing it to continue.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There was a recent article that the WTS put out concerning education and they made the assertion of how beneficial it would be to gain experience and a career in construction so that these ones can use that specific training and experience toward building Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls.

These are the trades and professions the WTS wants around themselves for obvious reasons, as well full time specially trained pioneers who distribute their literature to the public.

The WTS is very apathetic and self centered to its own prosperity and growth, the rest of humanity has no practical empathetic concern, particularity to health and education.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS's long standing imposition of this old world is coming to an end soon is strategically infused into the teachings of the WTS and has been for decades.

As in why bother with education or a career that requires such high level of education when it will become redundantly useless so close to Armageddon ? Again fear is utilized for their own supporting prosperity.

In a recent talk particularly directed to attending children, Gerrit Losch (GB member ) made the statement or analogy that pursing higher education is like putting a gun to your head and playing Russia Roulette.

• awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    No need for high income earners in WT. Just get all the kids to send in their ice cream money, and all the adults to learn the construction trade, and voila! Good way to support a real estate company.
  • awake!watcher
    awake!watcher
    There is a brother in our hall who's pushing 80 years old and still doing hard labor because in his 40's he was told no need for retirement because "the end is coming soon." He can't survive on Social Security alone.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yep seen that myself awakewatcher , sad to see but these are the consequences of people who unfortunately mentally immersed themselves into self indulgent corrupt religoius publishing house.

The GB members of this organization live in total comfort and security on many levels and It would be confidently assumed that they know what to do to keep that security and lifestyle for themselves. .

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Every single WT article is the same old shit regurgitated over and over again. I'm astonished when I read this drivel that there are so many people, just eating it up with a spoon.

Like what the hell was I doing in the KH for all those countless years? How the hell are all my old friends and family still sitting through this shit every single week? I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They bash anything that will allow a better life. Higher education, whether it be college or simply doing your own research online, is "bad". They simply want you living off nothing, while going into debt donating to the Worldwide Damnation Fund. All the while, you are supposed to be wasting all your time spreading the cancer into the community.

Just do your own research. Yes, you have to worry about student debt because it is easy to get way too much, you can end up unable to pay it off, and it can't be discharged through bankruptcy. And there is the value issue--if everyone else has a Ph. D., you probably will need one to just get a basic job at the expense of a mountain of student debt. And, with Saturn still in Sagittarius, it might be more sensible to wait until it moves to Capricorn to start college. (That is at the end of 2017.)

Notably, that isn't the only thing the jokehovian witlesses bash. Suppose you have the money and, after weighing all the costs and benefits, you decide to pick up several monster boxes of silver Eagles or big bags of silver dimes, quarters, and/or halves. You didn't go to college; yet the hounders will be after you for that move as well. They have that lame "It's too worldly" or "It betrays a lack of trust in joke-hova" excuse, and they whine because you didn't just throw the money into the Worldwide Damnation Fund instead of picking up all that silver (which will be immensely valuable when the dollar does become toilet paper or the banks do bail-ins).

Hey, if Sophia can't have an ice cream cone, why would they let you have an education? Or, for that matter, the silver you could later directly spend on a better education when Saturn moves into Capricorn? That ice cream cone costs roughly as much as one silver dime. College costs roughly the equivalent of between 20,000 and 100,000 ice cream cones for a 4-year degree, depending on where you are going. Either way, the washtowel wants that money--and your soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit