June 2016 WT (study edition) Bashing Higher Education....AGAIN!

by ToesUp 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The position the WTS leaders have been taking is that people who seek higher education are striving their own personal greed of material wealth alone, so they impose guilt toward education seekers .

Off of JWorg. .........

45 This is the word that Jeremiah the prophet spoke to Barʹuch+ the son of Ne·riʹah when he wrote in a book these words dictated by Jeremiah+ in the fourth year of Je·hoiʹa·kim+ son of Jo·siʹah, the king of Judah: 2 “This is what Jehovah the God of Israel says concerning you, Barʹuch, 3 ‘You have said: “Woe to me, for Jehovah has added grief to my pain! I am weary from my groaning, and I have found no resting-place.”’ 4 “You should say to him, ‘This is what Jehovah says: “Look! What I have built up I am tearing down, and what I have planted I am uprooting—the entire land.+ 5 But you are seeking* great things for yourself. Stop seeking such things.”’ “‘For I am about to bring a calamity on all flesh,’*+ declares Jehovah, ‘and wherever you may go, I will grant you your life* as a spoil.’”*+

They are dismissive to the fact that people most of the time seek higher education because their own particular interests and appeal to help others... ie Doctors and Nurses, teachers .

The observable hypocrisy comes into effect when these men go to Hospitals or doctor's office to get medical help, some times to even save their own life.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    The GB have a lot of nerve talking about "Great things" when they have their very own private lake that rises and lowers at the touch of a button.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    The GB loves "great things", as long as someone else is footing the bill.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    @ToesUp I can't take much credit for "Whack-tower" the misses owns that one :)
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"Therefore as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers."

The Governing Body (tm) created a self fulfilling prophecy for many of the poor, misguided souls that mistook their pontifications as sound advice for living.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

There are a number of MD's whose kids go to my kids school. We talk sometimes at the kids field hockey games and believe me, they're not attaining "great things."

They work constantly and pretty much hope to put their kids through school and retire. That's about it. I don't get what the hubbub is about from the WT. People don't need to go to college to figure out that it's a cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS heads have a lot of gull to impose guilt onto people even from the focusing pursuit of financial security, when they themselves feed off the wealth of the Watchtower Corporation.

Who pays for their travels all around the world ?, who pays for their medical and dental costs ?, who pays for the cars and insurance they travel in ?, who pays for the food they eat and buildings they live in ?. ....etc.

Who also pretentiously lies about the WTS wealth and then plays and utilizes millions of dollars every year ?

Does anyone realistically think the WTS heads are going to announce that the WTS gained a billion dollars US to add to their already obtained assets this year when it sells their main building properties in Brooklyn New York. ??

It would appear that wealth, riches and personal comfort wasn't a guilt ridden problem for the guy who started the JWS religion namely the ( anointed ) J Rutherford !!!

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

What if Steve Jobs and Bill Gates hadn't thought in "great things" ???

The Watchtower uses tablets, personal computers, software, etc. So, the Watchtower's argument is bullshit.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Or the love of the world might involve efforts to attain “great things,” such as through the pursuit of higher education.

So what are the "great things" that give evidence of love of the world?

Lett: It's "worldly" to seek honorary titles or positions of prominence, like Dr., senator, president, bishop, or pope. Instead of seeking "great things" people should be modest, LIKE ME! Of all the Governing Body members, I'm the humblest of them all!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Please brothers - Higher Learning is ungodly, and we are pleading for your life!!!

P.S. we are looking for Lawyers, Doctors and Engineers to work at gods House.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit