Sharia Law in the US, it's coming folks.

by James Mixon 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My question, why would one immigrate to the west and refuse to adopt the western cultural?

If you believe our way of life is so degenerated why bring your family to this place.

In a very close 5-4 vote, the city of Irving ruled to back the Texas state bill banning foreign

law from the state. The bill doesn't mention Sharia or any religion, but it's a huge defeat for

Sharia supportes. The radical group of Muslims were not pleased with the Mayor of Irving, she

accused mosque leaders of creating separate laws for Muslims.

If there was a state or country for JW's would you move there???

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Jews are allowed to use their traditions in areas of family laws such as divorce. That's the same thing that some Muslims want. It is known as family sharia. It's completely harmless and voluntary even amongst Muslims.

• prologos
    prologos
    VI: --"It is known as family sharia. It's completely harmless

not: case in study: germany. some of these families are huge, cousins of cousins, occupying whole neighbourhoods. family hoods taking control. police fearing for their lives entering these areas, trying to enforce national laws vs "family" laws. facing not immigrants, but invaders, conquistadors., often parasites feeding off the dumb blind goodness of their now hapless hosts.

• cofty
    cofty
    It's completely harmless and voluntary even amongst Muslims. - VI

You could not be more wrong. That is exactly like saying JWs judicial procedures are completely voluntary and harmless.

I have watched undercover recordings of sharia courts where a woman who has suffered long term physical abuse was interrogated about what she was doing to make her husband angry and sent home to try to be a better wife.

Sharia courts are about institutionalised misogyny.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"Honor killing" Fox news. The estimated 27 victims of so-called "honor killing" among

Muslims 91% of those victims in North America are murdered for being "too Westernized".

This of course is not all Muslims I agree, but when it come to the laws of Sharia when do you

put a stop to their laws if you are living in the west. You can't beat your wife here in this country.

My Vietnamese friends found that out when they moved here after the war. A close Vietnamese

friend told me, "man you can not hit your wife here in this country my wife

told me she will call the police if I put my hands on her".

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Prologos, Jews also live in entire neighborhoods. Their traditions are supposedly founded on the Old Testament (And we know what that's about).

Also, your claim that they're invaders implies that they were actually organized for the purpose of taking over those countries. That's absurd; all they're doing is fleeing from their countries. Whether they merit being there is another issue.

In any case, I know that it's an authoritarian religion but all three of the 'Abrahamic' faiths are. Let them follow their traditions as long as it doesn't impact non-Muslims and those Muslims who don't want to abide by them.

• Simon
    Simon

No group / cultural 'laws' supercede the laws of the land. They are not laws in that sense, but voluntary group rules.

Of course we all know how non-voluntary the voluntary rules can really be ...

But anyway, there are already laws against murder, so no one is going to say "Honor Killing" is allowed. The danger is though that people rely on political correctness and regressive allowance for their "culture" to get away with low standards toward members of their community who are then not afforded the proper protections that the civil and criminal laws of the land should afford them.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Cofty, Maybe I shouldn't have said harmless but JW tradition is not about to be nullified by the state. I too have seen undercover videos of Sharia courts. In one the judge asked if it could have been the woman's fault because the husband didn't like her cooking. I know it's pathetic.

By the way, when I said "harmless, I meant harmless to non-Muslims.

• bohm
    bohm

VI:

In any case, I know that it's an authoritarian religion but all three of the 'Abrahamic' faiths are. Let them follow their traditions as long as it doesn't impact non-Muslims and those Muslims who don't want to abide by them.

I agree that it would be racist to make laws targeting one faith over others, but surely it can't be good to have pocket societies spring up which embody deeply regressive, anti-constitutional and anti-democratic ideas...

• bohm
    bohm
    By the way, when I said "harmless, I meant harmless to non-Muslims.

The problem with this type of argument is that it relies on a sort of double standard. For instance my neighbor could do all sorts of things to his wife and family which would be perfectly "harmless" to me but I don't think that affects his wife and children's legal rights one bit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit