CO just confirmed worldwide construction halt and possible JW.ORG news of it

by LevelThePlayingField 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Just had the CO visit tonight. I asked him if he had heard about the worldwide halt of construction besides Warwick and to my surprise he said he heard the same thing. Then he went on and add that also some branches are closing and some bethelites going into pioneering but, "all because of the preaching work now. So yes, I have heard about it, but don't spread it. Wait for it to come out on JW.ORG on the news section."

I said wow, ok, and that's awesome to see Jah's direction in the matter, and how lovely his talk was, but honestly I couldn't believe he actually admitted it. ;)

Then on the way home I told my wife who is still totally in and she bought the whole thing, hook line and sinker. She said, "well, yes, the main focus should be the preaching work." :(

• vinman
    vinman

If they finished the projects and then said we will be focusing on preaching, that would not be objectionable. But stopping construction... I think people who work in construction will think it is weird. Besides, laying off Bethelites has nothing to do with "focusing on preaching".

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    If the preaching work is so important now can we assume that each branch office will pay for the living costs for all pioneers,so that rather than working for satan they can be preaching even more hours a week (dont hold your breath )
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

She said, "well, yes, the main focus should be the preaching work."

Good, then there's no reason to ever donate another cent to Watchtower Corp!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Billy - I will have to remember that when she mentions that we should donate... ha!
  • Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde

I wonder if it's a strategy, saying "brothers we had to stop construction because Jehovah is showing & revealing to us we need to focus more on the preaching work, we had to send construction brothers home to focus on preaching since now is the time the work is more urgent than ever since the workers are few for the work & Jesus told us to ask the Father for more workers".... in other words "we notice alot of jws are awakening, leaving & need to recruit more people= more funds" wonder if we they will repeat the 70s....

• millie210
    millie210

Funny how last January they didnt want to call the elders together to meet about the preaching work.

They did however call a meeting of the elders to announce the "greatest construction/building work the world has ever seen".

We had several threads about it

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/40380001/upcoming-meeting-re-kh-construction

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ Leveltheplayingfield - I just wanted to ask you to be completely sure, so the CO, told you personally, about the construction stopping? Also, did he confirm that it is all over the world, and that its everywhere, except Warwick? Also, did he mention, specifically, about Kingdom Hall construction stopping, or was it "other" construction? Lastly, did you get the impression, or did he outright say, that this info would be put out there, like on JW.ORG, or a letter, or announcments, whatever?

Lol, sorry to, jump down your thoat with these questions, i am just really wanting to know whats up. I think specifically hearing it from a CO, is big news and confirmation.

Thanks in advance for answering and confirming what he said.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Dunedain - I spoke directly myself to the CO. I just asked him if he had, "also heard that all the construction had halted worldwide except warwick?" and he said, "yes, that's what I heard too, and also that there are some branches closing too with some bethelites going into pioneering but that's because of the preaching work. So yes I've heard about but don't spread it. Wait for it to come out on JW.ORG on the news section first."

If I recall, that's pretty much the extent of the conversation. We didn't say anything about kingdom halls. I did get the impression from him by the way he was speaking to me that in the near future the borg would be making some type of spin announcement about the whole construction stoppage. It was almost like he was saying, "just wait, you'll hear about it soon enough."

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Why would they leave unfinished buildings to rot in the weather? They may as well finish what they started and then stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit