Upcoming meeting Re: KH Construction

by pixel 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel
    Fresh from the "press":
    TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN THE UNITED STATES BRANCH TERRITORY
    Re: Local Design/Construction Department Broadcast
    Dear Brothers:
    The work of constructing and maintaining theocratic facilities throughout the UnitedStates branch territory is indeed great! (1 Chron. 29:1) With this in mind, we are pleased to informyou of a special meeting to be presented on Saturday, January 31, 2015, at 3:00 p.m. EasternStandard Time (EST) to all elders and circuit overseers in the United States branch territory.The meeting will be approximately two and a half hours in length and will includepresentations by members of the Local Design/Construction Department, the United StatesBranch Committee, the Worldwide Design/Construction Department, and a member of the GoverningBody. Additionally, a new, dramatically different Kingdom Hall design will be released atthis meeting. (bold mine) Exciting developments in constructing and maintaining Kingdom Halls will be discussed,including how all in attendance and others can support the arrangements.
    While we apologize for giving you short notice, (too much for planning, bold mine) we encourage all elders to be in attendance.However, arrangements are being made to rebroadcast the meeting at a later time for thebenefit of elders who are unable to attend this important meeting on the date noted above becauseof a circuit assembly or other circumstances. Details concerning this arrangement will besent in due course.We are confident that this meeting will be an informative and faith-strengthening experiencefor all. Please be assured of our warm Christian love and best wishes.Your brothers,c: Circuit overseersPS to circuit overseers:You may attend at any convenient participating location. As noted above, a list of KingdomHalls and their event coordinators will soon be provided. If you will be unable to attend thespecial meeting on January 31 or if attending this meeting would require the use of a substitutecircuit overseer (for example, if you are visiting a congregation that has a meeting on Saturday),then it would be best for you to benefit from the rebroadcast that will be shown at a later date.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Additionally, a new, dramatically different Kingdom Hall design will be released atthis meeting.

Read: A new design that is expected to yield better re-sale value will be released at this meeting.

• hoser
    hoser

Read: A new design that is expected to yield better re-sale value will be released at this meeting.

you read my mind

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Regardless of how radical the design is, it will eventually mean closing those halls under the old designs if they are on valuable land and relocating to less valuable land.  It sounds more like following the McDonald's corporation plan as a real estate company.

It will be part of a rebranding and they will move steadily toward making everyone move into these new designs.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Exciting developments in constructing and maintaining Kingdom Halls will be discussed

will be discussed  =  will be presented and you have to accept it (and no discussion is allowed)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Can anyone a good reason why they are building all these new kingdom halls when most congregations are shrinking? 

Perhaps: The old ones are falling apart because of bad construction -Or - They are managing this as a real estate development project with the intent of flipping properties for a profit (with none of the profit trickling down to the local congregations).

Hmmm. it seems I answered my own question. 

• pixel
    pixel
    No wonder they need construction workers, janitors, carpenters and less doctors and lawyers... is all about them.
  • hoser
    hoser

Perhaps: The old ones are falling apart because of bad construction -Or - They are managing this as a real estate development project with the intent of flipping properties for a profit (with none of the profit trickling down to the local congregations).

Bingo!

• 7Starz
    7Starz

Glad I won't have to sit through that.  I remember when they read the letter about this and said the Regional Building Committees (RBC) were no more and they changed it to the Local Design Committee (LDC). 

The brother reading the letter read the words: "ALL building projects are CANCELED."

The expression on their faces was priceless.  It was a WHAT…?... moment.  Some thought it was read wrong and had to have it read again.  Some asked about all the money that they had given to the society and what was going to happen with it now.  We were informed the society can use it any way they see fit.

Like we didn't see that coming.  Once they had all the money - no more projects, new or remodel without LDC approval.  How long do you think they'll expect that carpet to last now? 

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Of course, we already know about this and exactly what they have planned because someone already posted notes about the meeting they had with the LDCs what a week or two ago! LOL - I love the fact that we get stuff before the local elders do!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit