Why Finding the One True Religion is Impossible

by Simon 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

Let me to simplify this issue.

The natural language of a god is.....silence. Everything else is a bad translation.

• Landy
    Landy
    It's not impossible. I'm joining one religion a week until I got all my bases covered.

We noticed.

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

Or...maybe just because God doesn't exist and therefore neither does "One True Religion"? (I didn't read all the comments so excuse me if this was already mentioned)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

I agree with you that it is impossible to find the "true" religion as we are all stuck in whatever land, race, culture we are born in.

Our options are few and we don't have ten lifetimes to try things out and discard them - even if we were so inclined. How tedious!

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

It's a crapshoot. Any 'proof' a given sect might offer a prospective convert can be met by another one. Every religion worth its salt has scriptures, prophets, and miracles to boast of.

"Oh, you've got a holy book?" Says the Catholic. "Well, I see your holy book and raise you an apparition of the virgin Mary!"

"Apparitions?" the pentecostal cuts in. "I see your phony apparition and raise you spontaneous remission of my aunt's brain tumor and my pastor dancing with rattle snakes while chugging a gallon of strychnine!"

And so it goes...

In terms of 'evidence' they are all on equal footing.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Finding the One True Religion is Impossible

Agree absolutely. It is impossible to find a needle in a haystack .... when there is no needle.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finding the "One True Religion" is impossible...

...simply because there's no such thing.

• hooberus
    hooberus

The O.P. uses both the term "religion" and "belief system". I will therefore use "belief system" in discussion .

Simon wrote:

Yes, I don't think there is any one true religion, they are all as fake as each other, just some more dangerous.

Using "belief system" your comment would read
    Yes, I don't think there is any one true [belief system], they are all as fake as each other, just some more dangerous.

Is this statement part of your belief system?

If so shouldn't we reject it as part of a fake system?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What religion will I join tomorrow?

• prologos
    prologos

If there is a creator, would he not want to create with him? further his work ? fit in with nature? not killing animals or humans or fell trees to worship him, wt style?

Finding the true religion is impossible, founding the true religion is possible for yourself use, and live your best life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit