Happy Valentine's Day

by OnTheWayOut 11 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When I was JW, my standard answer to "Saint....Anything" day was "Well, I am not Catholic." That's still a valid answer that I would feel like giving if I was seriously questioned on any Catholic or religious holiday, although I might change it to "Well, I am not Christian."

But fun is fun. I have no problem with gift exchanges at Christmas- because that's when people do that. St. Patrick and St. Valentine have been turned into something fun. This one has also been turned into something of a sexy/romance day. Enjoy.

SO HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY. Just a light-hearted thought.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

....and those of you who are Christian should try to get St. Joseph's Day to be a bigger thing. Maybe associate it with step families and going out for pizza.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Today is Valentine's Day..OR, as men like to call it, Extortion day" Jay Leno....

• justme
    justme

Happy Valentines day to you too, & i know it's all money making stuff, but it feels good to say it anyway...ha ha

• LV101
    LV101

Happy Valentines Day to all -- never a bad day when flowers, chocolate, Valentine colors and love is being displayed everywhere - beautiful!

Yes, fun is fun, OTWO, and we need all we can get - Happy Valentines Day to you and yours.

• justme
    justme

thank you LV101--chocolates & flowers & all that good stuff are never a bad thing..i hope you had a great day/evening as well!!

• LV101
    LV101

Your welcome and thank you, justme. Although we have chocolate and flowers available every day Valentines Day makes it extra special, right! To think I ever allowed a sick cult to deprive me of these special days of life is so sad and pathetic.

Best and ditto re/a great Valentines day!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Of course St.Valentine's day is not as exciting as the 'Memorial'. But I like eating chocolate much better than watching crackers pass me by!

just saying!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Happy Valentine's Day - ooh, OTWO, you saucy devil!

Thank you.

• justme
    justme

LV101--thanks again too, it's def extra special with all that candy for sure, i hadn't celebrated in yrs, so this year, felt great..i understand what u mean..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit