Would you change user name?

by JH 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I always wondered what happened to "Lilacs".

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

When you change your ID, do you revert back to Newbie class?

an uncertain cheeses.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Holy, no, not if Simon changes it for you.

Mulan, long story behind why I changed it. Thank goodness things are back to normal.

• nowisee
    nowisee

it is sort of like a vanity license plate. for a long time i had "liv.now", then i had "burslf", and then "bwho.ur". but for the time being i like nowisee.

• waiting
    waiting

xena

mimilly .....good to see you posting here!

wildhorses ....finally! From pretty flowers to stomping stampede. Changes?

"waiting" chosen on the spur of the moment......as we were told - finally - by our CO that the Society had told him not to talk to us. They "would handle" us. We, in our servitude, were just supposed to "wait on Jehovah."

Almost 4 years and still "waiting."

*Done* waiting *now*

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was undecided when I came to these forums about God, life's purpose and I have decided that I will probably stay that way but I'm not sure.

Ken P.

• Matty
    Matty

I'm Matty in so many forums, people would get confused if I changed it here, although I would kinda like something more imaginitive that reflects my personality rather than just my first name. When I first registered here I didn't realise that Matty was feminine in the US, and so that caused a bit of initial confusion, although I've no idea what it's supposed to be short for - do you really have so many Matilda's over there? Anyway, Matty is very much a guys name in the UK!

• hurt
    hurt

Time heals a few wounds, and wounds a few heels. The hurt gets healed.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I had two other usernames, and totalled 1,000 posts under them combined. I have no plans to change this one - my weblog is titled by the same name, and so is my e-mail addy, so I'm done changing.

• rocketman
    rocketman

lol @ xena "it could get ugly".

So Wildhorses was Lilacs? Like Mulan said, now I know what happened to her.

The thing is about changing names is that I think we become known by certain usernames, and once we do, it takes a long time for people to fully incorporate the new name into the 'ol thought process.

Cheeses, yes, son of gouda, you go back to Newbie and start all over, though you can petition Simon to have your posting total transferred. I did that several times, but Simon never got around to it. I guess he has better things to do like working, caring for his family, living his personal life, and running this board. His priorities are all screwd up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit