Why are so many Jehovah’s Witnesses Angry and Rude?

by Vanderhoven7 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

JWs are trained to believe that the world is a horrible place and that virtually everyone else is evil, out to persecute them, and about to be destroyed at Armageddon.

In addition, the WT treats them like children and rules them through fear and guilt.

That's enough to make anyone angry and rude.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Vanderhoven...It was my impression this site was supposed to be a welcoming place of acceptance and interchange of ideas. There is a risk of this place descending into a circle jerk, especially if we make JWs feel unwelcome.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PEACEFUL PETE:

You have a point…Maybe if a JW finds this place thinking it’s proJW they couldn’t help being offended because it’s disagreeing or criticizing their religion.

However, if they are questioning and have doubts and come looking for this place, it’s not going to matter. They already know in their hearts that something is wrong there.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Peaceful Pete,

Thanks for living up to your handle and expressing your concern for Witnesses coming to this site. As Christians, If we do not share the truth in love or out of love for Jehovah’s Witnesses and others we fail to glorify God.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Having doubts and wanting to air them isn't the same as being willing to be insulted and berated. There are many paths toward exiting, some are more meandering. It might be constructive to keep believing JWs posting and let them hear opposing views presented calmly.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

They are tired and frustrated of how exjws lie and misrepresent the religion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    WokenfromJWcult My thoughts are that their leadership has taken GRACE out of their bible and replaced it with Undeserved Kindmess, and this alone perverts their attitude toward forgiveness.
    Van (Charlie Ryde)They consider it a strength to discard their child like trash.I am an Apostate. I work in healthcare. We take in the "Mentally Diseased" and try to help them cope. The Watchtower Organization is so afraid of their member’s weak faith, and they should be. The false prophecies continue to stack up. Time continues to tick tick tick into the future that should never have existed.I am an Apostate. I hope to save someone from having their life stolen by this controlling cult. I will accept the hatred of the many for the sake of the few.

Lady Lee When leaders dehumanize a group of people, it can give you permission to treat them as if they are nothing
    Wow There's some incredibly insightful commentary on this thread
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RATTIGAN350:

Can you try showing us just how ex-JWs supposedly ‘lie and misrepresent’ the religion??

I don’t believe all these people are lying.. I believe they are all telling the truth about what happened to them. I’m certainly telling the truth about what happened to me and I would swear it on the bible,

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Sometimes people hold on to a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that's extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. As long as one stays within the limits of the instructions, you are acceptable. Debating is not allowed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - “They already know in their hearts that something is wrong there.”

Yup.

Case in point: me.

I didn’t come here for answers; I came for confirmation.

Reading XJW material on the net doesn’t turn you into an apostate… it just helps you realize you already are one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit