Why are so many Jehovah’s Witnesses Angry and Rude?

by Vanderhoven7 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

My thoughts are that their leadership has taken GRACE out of their bible and replaced it with Undeserved Kindmess, and this alone perverts their attitude toward forgiveness. When they hear the word GRACE from outsiders , their faulty internal radar goes off and their hope is to start a BS session to change the meaning of this word in the mind of this outsider.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh
    1. When leaders dehumanize a group of people, it can give you permission to treat them as if they are nothing.
    2. When you have lived your life faithfully and tried your best to be a "good" cult member and suppressed your own anger and resentments, then the dehumanized person can easily become the object of your anger. You project your feelings onto the other person. And you can even feel good about doing it because "those" people don't matter.
    3. Yes Jealousy. We have lived our lives free of the restrictions they have on their lives. You are free and you bet they are jealous even though they would never admit it. Even to themselves. People are often angry are those who get to do things they can't.
    4. Angry that we won't become true believers like them.
    5. Angry that we refuse to conform, especially if we knew each other. They see it as WE are putting the burden on them and not that they are putting it on us. This is typical narcissistic thinking. They are incapable of seeing the role they play in the shunning process and refuse to take responsibility for it.

Probably a lot more but that is off the top of my head

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    My thoughts are that their leadership has taken GRACE out of their bible and replaced it with Undeserved Kindmess, and this alone perverts their attitude toward forgiveness

I agree and it’s what I would have liked to convey a couple of pages back.

• jhine
    jhine

I wouldn't label myself " a born again " Christian because it seems to be an American label and unfortunately tends to conjure up a picture of religious nutters .

I am a Christian ( have l ever mentioned that? ) . I don't feel angry , don't like everyone but we aren't told to , just love them , and don't feel the need to be defensive. As Vanderhoven said most , for want of a better word , ordinary Christians are pretty happy people . We should be .

I often hear the saying " hate the sin but love the sinner "

I think that JWs are taught to hate and ignore persistent sinners because that label is often given to people who have rejected the Org . Leaders are obviously worried that the light will spread infecting others. So divide and conquer seems to be the strategy.

Jan

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Charlie Ryde is an apostate to the WTS. She writes

Jehovahs Witnesses have a harsh spirit against Apostate exJWs because of the same reasons they do/think/say anything in their lives: Because the Watchtower and Governing Body told them to.

The following passage is what the Watchtower Org tells them about anyone who speaks out against their doctrines or beliefs.

apostates are “mentally diseased,” and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings. (1 Tim. 6:3, 4) Jehovah, the Great Physician, tells us to avoid contact with them.

The JWs you meet in real life are not usually as vile as the ones you see on Quora. The true narcissists seem to gravitate to this app. I have, though, encountered plenty of JWs that felt free to publicly chastise me or turn the other direction when they see me coming, including my own brother.

If you were to believe all of the tripe posted by JWs on Quora you would come to the conclusion that all of us that speak out against the Watchtower do so because we are gross sinners who just want to do what we want and are marked for destruction. For them to encounter people that are articulate and intelligent, people who have resolved their problems by leaving, or people that have the stated mission that they are speaking out in order to protect others, is so contrary to what the Watchtower tells then to believe that they just can’t manage it.

So they attack us, because you always hate what you fear. That is the foundation of bigotry.

A personality constant you will find with JWs is a basic lack of empathy. It is top to bottom in the organization. Imagine a people who pride themselves on shunning their own children and families for the teachings of some false prophets who claim they are anointed by God. They consider it a strength to discard their child like trash.

I am an Apostate. I work in healthcare. We take in the “mentally diseased” and try to help them cope. The Watchtower Organization is so afraid of their member’s weak faith, and they should be. The false prophecies continue to stack up. Time continues to tick tick tick into the future that should never have existed.

I am an Apostate. I hope to save someone from having their life stolen by this controlling cult. I will accept the hatred of the many for the sake of the few.

Footnotes

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jebv0TuLqeg

Anthony Morris III gave a nasty little talk, concerning "apostates." He calls us "despicable." Here is a Beroean Pickets commentary, refuting his claims. But I do notice they are certainly becoming more militant as the days go by. Criticism is directed, not against worldly governments, not against Catholics. Protestants, Muslims, but "apostates." I also thought the Witnesses were the kindest people, that is until I started questioning their doctrines. It was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I realized I never knew these double-sided, two-faced people. I was happy to be removed from them. Hypocrisy is not my thing. I prefer leaving the judgment to Jesus.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I hate to view things in a black and white manner but the heartless indifference that most JWs have toward victims of pedophilia (by pedos that are JWs!!!) tells me that they are not good people. I won'tt associate with them. This is a black and white line for me. Cross that line and I will cease to be accepting or tolerant.

I recall a pedo that we DF'd. In a short time, another cong wanted to reinstate him. I had to tell the elder who wanted him back in just what he had done. It didn't phase him. I decided that many were simply monsters that I could never ever respect again. I left. I am happy. Now I view their shunning as a gift to me.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

If I had to sit through those mind-numbing meetings, I might be really grumpy too.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Reason no. 1 is incredibly powerful and counts for most of it. Finding faulty Watchtower logic or bringing out hypocrisy - such as the UN membership, feels like a personal attack.

Many people say it's gotten worse and in the old days witnesses didn't have this rude attitude. I'm not so sure. I think it's more that people are more aware of Watchtower history and are better equipped to counter poor Watchtower doctrine/flip flops/failed prophecy etc these days, than they could in the past

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

That's an easy question. It is because they like to play the victim. They are the "center of Satan's attack" in their mind. In reality they are just misguided fools.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit