Atheism = self defeating.

by towerwatchman 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• towerwatchman
    towerwatchman

To Finklestien

So an asteroid impacted with earth. How does this prove there is no God?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Evolution is empirically evident.

The theory of evolution is the most established theory in science.

Even in a literal interpretation the Bible says the earth produced man and animal. Obviously an indirect creation. The only direct creation is the immortal soul.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Science and Earth History: The Evolution/Creation Controversy

Product Details

This book is comprehensive in its treatment of Creationism/Intelligent Design. 550 oversized, fine print pages covering every argument Creationists have brought up. Well worth the price.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So an asteroid impacted with earth. How does this prove there is no God?

This information refutes the claim by yourself that the omniscience creator is an intelligent creator which you positionally hold.

As you say .......

Why bring up Jesus, I am not arguing for Jesus but Intelligent Design

• towerwatchman
    towerwatchman

Finkelstien

This information refutes the claim by yourself that the omniscience creator is an intelligent creator which you positionally hold.

Let's see if I can understand this. An all-powerful, all knowing, being that created all from nothing, [nothing also includes the absence of empty space] put it all into motion finely tuned, somehow does not qualify because an asteroid, one upon a time, impacted earth. Similar to an doctor treating someone for pneumonia being disqualified because his patient coughed.

It is a pretty bad and weak argument. Sounds more like a spoiled child complaining.

• towerwatchman
    towerwatchman

To Village Idiot

Rather save my money, After reading multiple pro evolution books I noticed they all had a common thread. It was more speculation and imagination than science. I believe the following would address your book.

So let’s start with something easy. Proving that only Intelligence could have created life.

What kind of information does DNA have? What kind of information must the origin of life researcher ‘explain the origin of’? Webster defines information as ‘the attribute inherent in and communicated by alternative sequences or arrangements of something that produces specific effects.’ A block of binary code in a software program is information. DNA contains alternative sequences of nucleotide bases that produce a specific effect; therefore DNA contains information. DNA sequences are improbable and specifically arranged to perform, this is functional information similar to CAD – CAM. Now the question becomes not what is the origin of life but the origin of biological information. Where did the information to build the first living organism come from? Let’s bring cause and effect. If an effect has only one known cause then the presence of the effect is enough to support the presence of the cause. The only known cause of information is intelligence.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It is a pretty bad and weak argument. Sounds more like a spoiled child complaining.

Is that all you have to refute this evidence which goes against your claim that the supernatural creator is an intelligent designer of the universe ?

Now thats what I would call a dismissively weak rebuttal.

As others have pointed out that its an act redundant futility to argue over someones beliefs or emotions so I wont.

Debating religious beliefs with someone usually involves the opposition or non adherence to intellectual honesty so I wont waste my time any further.

• towerwatchman
    towerwatchman

To Finkelstein

How about answering what was posted.

Let's see if I can understand this. An all-powerful, all knowing, being that created all from nothing, [nothing also includes the absence of empty space] put it all into motion finely tuned, somehow does not qualify because an asteroid, one upon a time, impacted earth?

Why?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Many Christians, like Paul, worship a God who apparently acts in unjust ways, but they trust and worship him anyway, because they believe God is greater than their hearts or their minds.

You have not disproved the God of the Bible. You have simply proved you don't like the God of the Bible, which again, is not the same thing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To Finkelstein

How about answering what was posted.

Let's see if I can understand this. An all-powerful, all knowing, being that created all from nothing, [nothing also includes the absence of empty space] put it all into motion finely tuned, somehow does not qualify because an asteroid, one upon a time, impacted earth?

Why?

Well you stated that the the universe was caused by an intelligent designer, I showed you information that put critical evaluation to that posed statement.

Another thing to think about is that are own sun (star) which makes life possible on are planet will burn out like all other stars in the future, leaving this planet uninhabitable, so does it make logical sense that an intelligent creator would create things which his other creations would eventually destroy out of existence ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit