Will Jehovah...

by watson 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Crabby
    Crabby

Is it moral to pray for 7.4 billion people to die?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

This competition should be added in the Olympics, A prayer off.

Hisham Mohammad(leader of ISIS) prayer, "I pray all you infidels die by

our sword and we 1.5 billion adherents live in peace". Their scores 5-5-5.

GB member, We can beat that,we pray all 7.4 billion go up in smoke. Their scores 10-10-10,

perfect score.

• Perry
    Perry

Heaven,

Thank you for reminding us of that prophecy!

Here is another:

Isaiah 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; …

When Israel turned towards the heathen for enlightenment and started worshipping idols and sacrificing their children in the fires of Molech while the drums drowned out the babies' screams, God eventually granted their desire to be free of him. He removed the protective hedge from them.

Today, modern man kills the babies while still in the womb or only partially birthed...no drums needed. But, God hears their silent screams from their souls.

He satisfies the desire of every living thing.

That is a sobering thought, because it slices both ways. Eventually, when the church age has ended, God will give the majority of mankind freedom from himself. This will leave a power vacuum unlike anything seen before since time began. It is in this context that globalism will reach its full climax and the Anti-Christ will create a hellish existence for people on earth.

The technology is already here to achieve it all.

• atomant
    atomant

Pray to god to transform you into an exact copy of himself then kill jesus and then ask how it felt.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Sometimes one needs to be cruel to be kind. Say one creates an ant farm to study an ant colony. In your colony you notice a group of marauder ants killing off their fellow ants and destroying their eggs. If you are interested in preserving your project, would you not be tempted to squash the marauder ants? Get rid of the marauder ants to save the normal ants. Sacrifice the one group in order for the other group to survive.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

And yet we have these marauder ants that exist for the sole purpose of invading other colonies and other species of weaker ants. I wonder who created them to be like that? The universe rejects your ant farm analogy and flushes it down the toilet.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Bonsai, you don’t like that one? Try something that you can relate to, the art of bonsai:

“The purposes of bonsai are primarily contemplation (for the viewer) and the pleasant exercise of effort and ingenuity (for the grower). By contrast with other plant cultivation practices, bonsai is not intended for production of food or for medicine. The source specimen is shaped to be relatively small and to meet the aesthetic standards of bonsai. Instead, bonsai practice focuses on long-term cultivation and shaping of one or more small trees growing in a container. Bonsai does not require genetically dwarfed trees, but rather depends on growing small trees from regular stock and seeds. Bonsai uses cultivation techniques like pruning, root reduction, potting, defoliation, and grafting to produce small trees that mimic the shape and style of mature, full-size trees” (see Wiki).

You are the creator of the bonsai tree. If the tree does not come out to your satisfaction you either burn it, chuck it in the trash or you plant it out. In this case you do not flush it down the toilet. You’ll block the drains. By your absence or neglect, you can let it dry out and die. You, as creator of the bonsai, will eventually decide its fate.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

You had me at "bonsai" Vidqun! :)

There are natural bonsai plants in nature such as on mountain cliffs or valleys with little rainfall. The harsh elements of rain, ice, snow and wind shape them and prevent them from reaching mature size. The majority of these trees die off long before reaching bonsai-like shapes. Bonsai enthusiasts merely try to mimic the harshness of nature when shaping and pruning their plants. Anything that you see in the natural world which is beautiful exists mainly because of luck and a good survival instinct. Their fate is not decided by some celestial being, but by pure circumstance, adaptation and luck. I don't see a loving creator in any of it.

• Onager
    Onager

Vidqun: "Cofty, if you believe in evolution, you have nothing to fear, except perhaps meteorites, manmade and/or natural disasters. But if you believe in a creator, that puts a different spin on things. Then you belong to him and you accept and adapt to his terms."

I have a son. I, along with my wife, created him. Although I expect him to accept my rules (as soon as he's old enough to understand them), I in no way feel that he belongs to me in any possessive sense. This is because I adhere to a higher moral code than that of bronze age goat herders who felt that children and wives were possessions.

Does this make me better than god?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Nope, the Japanese created that. But they are beautiful nevertheless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit