Will Jehovah...

by watson 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
  • Vidqun
    Vidqun

I believe God will sound a clear warning before he does anything drastic like that. Not the type of warning the Witnesses give. Most of the world's population will never hear their message. So it would be grossly unfair for God to judge according to their message. If you read Revelation 11 you will see what I mean. However, after the two prophets had given their warning, it would be a good idea to make peace with God.

• cofty
    cofty
    it would be a good idea to make peace with God

"Love me or die" said every tyrant who ever lived.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Armageddon is strictly military action to save Israel

While Israel has the nuclear and military might and allied with the USA to smash every single one of its neighbours to oblivion!

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Cofty, if you believe in evolution, you have nothing to fear, except perhaps meteorites, manmade and/or natural disasters. But if you believe in a creator, that puts a different spin on things. Then you belong to him and you accept and adapt to his terms.

• Heaven
    Heaven

watson said: At least I'd know for sure what kind of god he is?

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - KJV

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Heaven, here’s a few of the modern translations and their interpretation. Note also the context of the verse. God will indeed bring disaster on his enemies. The word would be the opposite of "peace."

Isaiah 45:1 Thus says the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have grasped, to subdue nations before him and to loose the belts of kings, to open doors before him that gates may not be closed: (Isa. 45:1 ESV)

Isaiah 45:7 I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things. (Isa. 45:7 ESV)

Isaiah 45:7 I am the one who forms light and creates darkness; the one who brings about peace and creates calamity. I am the LORD, who accomplishes all these things. (Isa. 45:7 NET)

Isaiah 45:7 I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. (Isa. 45:7 CSBO)

• stillin
    stillin

God will give you some teeth-gnashing time, don't worry. It's prophetic!

• JRK
    JRK

Jehovah is a feckless, impotent turd.

JK

• Heaven
    Heaven

watson said: At least I'd know for sure what kind of god he is?

Psalm 137:9: Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. - NIV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit