Introduction

by Cerise 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Cerise welcome to the forum. Don't take Nathan's comments personally, he is equally unpleasant to everybody. He's like Jack Nicholson but not as funny.

The Watchtower is a very small world where 'six degrees of separation' is more like 3 or 4. I would suggest avoiding mentioning your JW past to anybody you don't know well. Don't be tempted to bait the idiots at the trolleys either.

Best wishes, it looks like your set for a new life.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well Cerise I am sorry that you experienced child sexual abuse. That experience gives you a perfect right to question the performance record of all of the great provisions on how not to treat this problem, and with the two witness rule they turned this religion into a pedophile paradise.

I am starting to believe that the Catholic Church must be training the JW Governing Body in how not to do something about this issue.

I think the WTBTS thinks they have struck gold with their 'two witness rule'. See we are the real Christians and we follow Jesus' words.

Unfortunately for them they have ignored some other important words from Jesus "Do not hinder the little children from coming to me!" He sounded pretty pissed off when he spoke those words....just saying.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Cerise

Cerise18 hours ago
    Well actually Giordano now that you mention that last part I had an experience as a little girl where my JW relative sexual assaulted me. Turns out many years later he did it to more little kids and was going to jail cause their parents told. I have no idea if the elders knew about it long ago, no one probably told them. But I could use that as a stumbling block.

if elders come calling--why dont you just say your lawyer has told you not to talk to any jw's as there is a lawsuit pending with a probable multi million dollar outcome.
    i doubt they will be back
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Cerise Hello!!!! And welcome to the forum where you can vent or ask questions anytime. Welcome aboard.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    if elders come calling--why dont you just say your lawyer has told you not to talk to any jw's as there is a lawsuit pending with a probable multi million dollar outcome.
    i doubt they will be back

Stan....... that fits perfectly.....I love it!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

You'll give them all heart attacks right there, careful now, hahaha.

• Nathan Natas
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Cerise - "I’m just wondering how the elders or people find out stuff to disfellowship people?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUmIiWLoEuo

• Moster
    Moster

Don't answer the door to any of them - period. Keep your on line persona very, very private. Do not post anything untoward, ever. Walk the other way if you see a JW you know, best to avoid them. The bottom line for the most part is this - don't give them anything to feed on, do not hang Xmas lights on your house, don't put jack-o-lanterns on your stoop, just basically fly under the radar. If you can stay under for a year or more, they will forget about you.

Best of luck - and enjoy your new found freedom!!

• Cerise
    Cerise
    Thanks everyone. It’s a good thing that they don’t know where I live. They tried to text me and ask for my new address but I just ignored :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit