The Org. covering up the SHUNNING POLICY !!

by Phizzy 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hmmm. You can smell the hand of Legal dept. in a decision to pull these videos. Lately shunning has become a bigger issue than the blood ban .

When I was “in” we accepted the shunning principle but applied it with a dash of common sense. Today they seem to have forgotten the exception for “ necessary family business” . If her mother phoned upset , begged her to answer , how did she know that it was not a bona fide emergency?

We once had a friend, an emotional sister with a d.f daughter. However, the daughter was in an abusive relationship and would call on mother in trouble. Now I knew that their association went beyond that but I did not rat her out to the other elders . I just reminded her of what the rules were and left it to her conscience.

I hate to think how she would get on today.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    If her mother phoned upset , begged her to answer , how did she know that it was not a bona fide emergency?

If a relative is crying and pleading for an answer I would argue that is by definition an emergency. I simply can’t understand what is going through the heads of the people producing these videos.

And then you get the Watchtower lawyer in Canada who claimed that family life is not impacted. I just can’t understand how they care barefaced lie like this. Either they should stand by the so-called “principle” of shunning, or they should abandon it. This trying to have it both ways reflects really badly on them.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yes, that Canadian lawyer who argued “that normal family life continues” really annoys me. Id love to see him get his license revoked the lying SoB.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

It is a protective measure for young ones especially when their hormones are raging.

If they see someone who was immoral got dis fellow shopped and how hard it is to be reinstated then they will think twice about being immoral.

there has to be discipline that means something

im sure mistakes are made there is no perfect system

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Please tell me someone downloaded those videos before they were removed?

• nicolaou
  • Gorb
    Gorb

All legal. The are on the wrong side of history.

G.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg will speak out of both sides of its mouth to protect its image.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I guess the problem with the video is that they may as well have shown a banner that says "we are a cult". This is the problem with websites. Accessible both by members and outsiders. Cults do better when material intended for these 2 groups is kept separate.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They got caught again,,and it was fast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit