Another mass shooting, three or four hours ago.

by James Mixon 238 Replies latest social current

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The most disturbing thing about this thread is the title:

Another mass shooting, three or four hours ago.

Even though the thread two days old, whenever I see this at the top of Active Topics, it isn't difficult for me to imagine it's about a mass shooting that happened (again) three or four hours ago. . . . .

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

silentbuddha,

I quit Walmart as a manager this March to pursue a Nursing degree. But apparently they don't sell AR-15s anymore. I'm not sure since I don't shop there or have much to do with them now.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/26/news/companies/walmart-ar-15-guns/

An example of America's inept to even pass a bill most Americans probably be OK with.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gop-blocks-bill-stop-terrorists-buying-guns

An example of America's gun culture.

http://www.businessinsider.com/more-gun-stores-in-america-than-grocery-stores-2012-12

• flipper
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    I wish they'd stop with this "self radicalized" nonsense. Call it like it is - they already had the seed of extremism planted with their faith. There is a clear external factor in all these independent attacks.

This is really grinding my nerves as well. How is it going over anyone's head that the Koran easily sanctions this. Why is our leadership so afraid to recognize the real problem and deal with it?

• Simon
    Simon
    On December 15th the day after the massacre, I personally sold 30 firearms that day and that was limited because I was waiting for background checks. The state of Florida was overwhelm with background checks

This is why the NRA and gun lobby are so opposed to anything common sense that might prevent massacres.

They know that gun violence on the news = more gun sales for their sponsors.

They are the only people in the game with a vested interest in guns being sold.

Each time the cycle repeats there are then more guns in circulation and available for the next round of shootings and killings which lead to more guns.

Someone needs to make a decision to stop the cycle.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

If I can ask an honest question. Which part leads to that mad dash to the gun store? The shooting? Or everyone saying ban guns immediately afterwards?

Honest question which is the strongest catalyst?

• johnny depp
    johnny depp
    I strongly recommend that you read: The Watchtower Society, Organizational Misbehavior by Gabriel H Ibarra. It has a section on the Koran, worth every penny.
  • talesin
    talesin
    If I can ask an honest question. Which part leads to that mad dash to the gun store? The shooting? Or everyone saying ban guns immediately afterwards?
    Honest question which is the strongest catalyst?

^^ false dichotomy ^^

There are many factors involved.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Simon most the people locked up here are minor offenses and pot possession. Not violent crime. Another big mess

You are not providing data to back up your point. Most of those who committed the offenses knew the rules, but went ahead and violated them. I remember mayor Rudy Giuliani turned around New York precisely by punishing serious and petty offenses. Law enforcement has to be serious about penalties.

What's the point of making laws if they are not enforced. If you don't like the petty crime laws vote your representatives out of office,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit