Is The Watchtower Corporation Facing A Meltdown Of Confidence Among Its Members?

by Brokeback Watchtower 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

I think religion in general is dying out as societies evolve.

It only stands to reason that the harder a religion is to live with, the quicker they will die out.

Perhaps in their reptilian brain the Org realizes this and that is why we see the more social aspects occurring from within.

I dont know even one young JW that views JWism any different than a young Catholic views Catholicism.

Yes, Catholicism. You know, the dreaded arch nemesis of the Org that they never even mention any more?

• steve2
    steve2

I tend to agree with you Morpheus.

The concept of a wider awakening among JWs is highly unlikely, and it will be more of a trickle of JWs doing less and less for the organization.

As for "its members" "facing a meltdown of confidence", the rank and file battle a massive loss of confidence in themselves, let alone their organization.

• Chook
    Chook

The internet has preformed anal sex offensives against the GB. They are to proud to apologise to anyone, with the blood of innocent they wash their hands.

• LV101
    LV101

Unfortunately, all the negatives haven't wiped them out altho hope springs eternal.

I get what Morpheus is saying but I can't wait to read these WT "meltdown" topics. I don't believe it will happen but if it's crippled and hurting that's a positive - doubtful, I know.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

All religions the Western world are in decline. I think the WT is simply more vulnerable to people having a WUM ( Wake Up Moment).

The Theology is a House of Cards, the History is an embarrassment that they try to cover with lies and half-truths, and the terrible practices of shunning and not protecting the vulnerable are all factors that niggle away at a JW's ability to think of it as "God's Organization".

Cognitive Dissonance gradually builds till a JW's mind simply cannot take anymore, and then they either wake up, or they stop going, or, sadly, they stay in vain hope that "something will happen".

A sad waste of a person's life.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I can understand the hope and the smattering of fun, lv101, but this thread dosent even pretend to offer the slightest shred of evideance regarding some imaginary ‘crisis of confidence’. Theres no facts on attendance or pub numbers or even second hand stories. It simply assumes there is one and moves forward.

Wishing does not make it so.

In the washington dc area, kh are being closed and people shuffled around... im not as well connected as i used to be but i have heard nothing negative. Not a peep. Nobody seems to care... in fact many seem happy for the break up in routine, some praising the gb for being smart with money.

its a cult and its not going away.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

And when people suddenly start to realise TTATT, do you know what is the first thing that they do?

They make contact with their disfellowshipped friends and family.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe people are waking up to the fact that JWS are serving the Watchtower Corporation and not Jehovah., they sense and see the lies and bullshit made by this publishing house, the corruption and the harm it has caused both socially and personally.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think their are a lot of JW's who, like I did, feel there is something not right in Watchtower land. We have several friends/family who just do the bare minimum or dial in to the meetings. The only thing they for sure attend is the memorial. They know something stinks (they have pretty much told us that) or they don't have any response(s) with some of the things we say (they know it's true and we get blank stares). It's a hard bridge to cross for them. We understand that, we have been there.

Watchtower is not going anywhere. They may decline in number and sell off Kingdom Halls but there are just too many who like the socialization and just bury their heads in the sand. Then there are the uber/special ones who have ALL the connections (the REAL Kool Aid drinkers). This is what will be running the cult eventually. The self righteous "special ones". These ones are the ones who will be running the show. They will eat each other alive like kids fighting over a toy. Too many chiefs. It is going to be interesting to watch! Grab your popcorn and enjoy the show!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I cannot provide stats, but I can provide examples.

The congregation that I grew up in had two families that were the main pillars. The Presiding Overseer's (COBE) family and the Secretary's Family. Both brothers' wives are/were regular pioneers. Their kids (whom I grew up with) pioneered right out of high school and married Ministerial Servants.

Where I have seen the change is the grandchildren. I moved away when the grandchildren were still school age. Now they are grown and out of their parents' house. They are all inactive. They are all in relationships with non-Witnesses. They are tatted out and have pierced faces.

I really think that Generation X was the last generation the organization could count on. Generation X is cooling off and slowing down (i.e. just going through the motions). As the organization doubles down on stupid, Generation Y is woke to their propaganda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit