I think the Jw Religion is getting better. Not by choice.

by pistolpete 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I can only imagine the rows of empty seats if/when in person meetings resume. I wish I could see the look on the holiest JW's when there are only 20 behinds in the seats in the room designed for 80 people.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

It's all fun and games until the C.O. finds out!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''It's all fun and games until the C.O. finds out!''

LOL, when the CO finds out about these ''empty seats'', that's when he strong-arms and bullies his way to amalgamating congregations. Along the lines ''about obeying strange instructions whether or NOT they seem strategic from a human standpoint''.

To make it seem like, these instructions are Divine Inspired.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Enjoy it while it lasts. Once this coronavirus scare gives them half a break, there will be a big push to get everyone back to the boasting sessions and field circus. Anyone they feel can be exploited with a minimum of interference from the Gods (and they can't simply sweep under the rug anything they did while out) will be ordered back to the boasting sessions under the guise that they are ordained ministers from being baptized. This is in fact a binding contract, and they are waiting to use it to force people back that are exploitable with a minimum of fuss.

And even worse. They will make being vaccinated, and boosted as soon as possible, mandatory. And wearing masks--and not just whatever you happen to purchase at your local supermarket or online. Dress masks that need to be dry cleaned. (And are specific colors--drab colors, not even clean white or black masks that are easily available at reasonable costs and in bulk quantity.) I dread having to get vaccinated (and no, that Amazon "shot"--quercetin--does not count as "vaccinated"). I dread having to fulfill my binding contract (binding by way of baptism) to be an ordained minister of a religion intended to help joke-hova enslave the world. I dread mandatory carrying a pocket bible everywhere, and having multiple bibles including one in Hebrew (and having to learn that foul language). Just as soon as this scare gives them half a break.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If things go back to the way they were with actual meetings and field service there will be a MASSIVE increase in mental illness among Dubs.

Also, IF that happens, this Utopian get together you speak of will not be the standard, that will be squashed quickly and those people not towing the line will be “marked” for the loving Shepherds to “adjust.”

Will it happen across the board or will there be test runs of the old ways? I don’t know, but it’s historically been Jeehoober’s way or the Highway with no concern whatsoever for the inconvenience or harm done to the Sheeple. Just think about ALL the expenses of being a Dub. The time and money spent on Field Circus activities, the wear and tear on vehicles, the time to drive to Con-Ventions, the lodging expenses, the contributions, the income lost because of missing work/opportunities, ect. Not to mention the mental cost of forced association with humans ( some perverts for sure…and general idiots ) that you would NEVER associate with otherwise.

I don’t see them rebranding that drastically until the current Gibbering Buddies die off. With Real Estate selling at all time highs I’ve seen ZERO Kingdumb Halls sold in my area… ZERO.

If there was ever a time to rebrand permanently and make Warwick a kind of mandatory Mecca for your E-religion Sheeple then now is that time, but I think at the end of the day the GB are just too witless to see the opportunity.

DD

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can’t imagine any congregation I ever attended being relaxed about baptised JWs openly dating non JW boyfriends of girlfriends. It sounds highly irregular to me. But I take your word for it.

The level of control over Zoom seems to be pretty high. I’ve seen elders interrupt Zoom conversations where someone was questioning vaccine safety to say that’s not an appropriate conversation in KH breakout rooms. I know people being held back from privileges and baptism unless they turn their cameras on during the meeting. I don’t think that rule is anywhere in the elder’s published guidance, it’s a rule they made up themselves. Another small thing is that when the congregation accounts are read out they are no longer publicly posted and the congregation is not asked if they have any questions.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Like all Authoritarian groups I can’t see them giving up any control by choice, ever…

DD

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    slimboyfat

I’ve seen elders interrupt Zoom conversations where someone was questioning vaccine safety to say that’s not an appropriate conversation in KH breakout rooms. I know people being held back from privileges and baptism unless they turn their cameras on during the meeting. I don’t think that rule is anywhere in the elder’s published guidance, it’s a rule they made up themselves.

I agree that there are pockets or groups in which elders still have and want total control. But I believe that is not the case world wide. There is definitely a change happening in the organization. For example, on exjw reddit there are literally tons of PIMO elders posting who are confessing that they are trying to wake up as many as possible by making comments that cause questioning in the minds of publishers.

These same elders admit that they will do everything they can to not pursue judicial discipline on those who walk the thin line of rules. And they will do everything possible to not disfellowship anyone who gets involved in a disfellowshipping offense.

This change is just the beginning of what is transpiring in the Organization. There are still Old Radical - True Believes jws, who will do anything the GB says whether it makes sense or not. But those types of jws are slowly passing on.

The organization in times past was 99 percent full blown believers who would not question drinking the Kool-Aid. But those times have changed. Now the organization is a mix of True Believers and PIMOs. Which includes elders.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I find it terribly difficult to gauge how many JWs truly believe it. There are JWs I’ve sat next to for decades and I don’t really know what they think. I know I’m not any good at guessing either, because the few JWs I have attempted open conversations with turned out to be loyalists beneath the surface. On the other hand it was one of the hardline elders I knew who turned apostate. How many in the local congregation really believe it? Maybe half, maybe less, maybe 90%. Really, I’ve got no idea. I do know a few who are inactive and don’t believe it any more, but they are faded and mostly no longer at the meetings. And I do know a couple of elders who regularly praise the governing body with such bizarrely passionate language it’s hard to imagine it’s insincere. The level of donations seems pretty healthy, and I suspect that only true believers are donating significant amounts of money, so there must be at least some true believers among them. But apart from those extremes at either end of belief and unbelief, what most regular JWs think and believe is a mystery to me.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I really don't believe that all the JDbubs 100% ''believe''.

I mean look at their lifestyles, what they do,, what they buy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit