I think the Jw Religion is getting better. Not by choice.

by pistolpete 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    One of my jw family member had a big get together. He invited a lot of his jw friends. There was teenage kids, couples, singles.

It’s different now.

What I didn’t even consider is that they haven’t been to a kingdom hall meeting for almost two years. Everything has been Zoom and writing letters.

There is no doubt in my mind that the elders have lost a lot of control over the publishers.

The fact that there is no official meetings for field service means that there is no gossip that alerts the elders if someone is doing something bad.

There is no pressure that someone is not attending meetings or field service

A lot of the jws are getting married with non- witnessess. Many are doing their own thing and just avoid the elders.

There was two young baptized jws with their non-jw girlfriends, and no one blinked an eye. Another male baptized jw was there with his new wife who was not a JW. Two teenage jws girls were relating their stories about their non jw boyfriends.

No one made a fuss about any of this.

We talked about forbidden things like normal. Guns, politics, movies about magic, sex, violence, etc.

No one has any idea if someone goes to the hospital and takes blood.

No one cares that it’s the Last Days and no one brought up the last days. I honestly think they don’t believe anymore. Only the real old ones like 80s and up.

The organization has lost a LOT of CONTROL.

I am sure there are still pockets of true believers but I think the whole thing is changing right before our eyes.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I am sure there are still pockets of true believers but I think the whole thing is changing right before our eyes''

Cuz the whole thing is probably collapsing in on itself right before their very eyes.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Congregation location please as I’d like to attend it.

• asp59
    asp59

Yeah JWs think it's gonna be a online religion. So they have started to drop all the self-righteous attitude. Mean who cares abouth that with zoom meetings. Plus you know most of the ones with cameras off are doing other things. This organisation has actually become a better place for its members. If they remove congregations and just report hours online gonna give members even more relife. Probable first time GB members take a decision thats making JWs life better.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

all sounds good to me--i think maybe i ought to go back.

Do they allow atheists ?

• TD
    TD

Interesting.

I've noticed that JW's who are active on Facebook and Instagram seem to be fairly normal these days, but I just assumed it was because they were more laid back to begin with.

I didn't realize it was more than that.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

've noticed that JW's who are active on Facebook and Instagram seem to be fairly normal these days, but I just assumed it was because they were more laid back to begin with.I didn't realize it was more than that.

I think what's happening is that they are transitioning into the REAL WORLD.

Once these GB members die off, then they will slowly start erasing the idea of the Last days started in 1914.

Once that's gone, it will become just another Christian religion sect to join the other 40,000 who are also on the sidelines.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PISTOLPETE:

Not only are some JWs transitioning into the ‘Real’ world, the religion has lost SO many that it’s beyond absurd if they won’t drop the self-righteous attitudes - at least initially.. I’ve been Out so long so I haven’t seen this in person. But, the few JWs I keep in touch with like the Zoom meetings and don’t want to go back.

Of course, if they start meeting in person SOON, the self-righteous judgmental attitude will creep back.. The reason I say ‘soon’ is because I don’t know how much longer they can Not meet in person to have an irreversible detrimental effect. More people have woken up and others have become apathetic and doing their ‘thing’, enjoying their freedom and not wanting to go back to the way it was!

So, even though it may look ‘better’ it’s really the End of the religion as everybody knew it.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Not here. Still following the isolation/mask crap. No get togethers. Any young ones who try to date are watched.

Regular phone calls about missing or not commenting. The turn in your time call comes every time around 4 on the last day of month.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

RTN; Not here. Still following the isolation/mask crap. No get togethers. Any young ones who try to date are watched.

You're in a pocket of radical jw believers. These are the type of people that would Drink the Kool-aid if the Governing Body told them.

These are the type of radicals that make life a misery and burden the gullible with all kinds of rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit