Pioneer Hours Update

by Bartolomeo 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWTom
    JWTom

When everyone is special.....no one is special!

• wozza
    wozza

My ex wife used to do up to 130 hours a month

I guess when no one is special anymore they can't get up on a pedestal.

• Listener
    Listener

How can this be? Aren’t JWs living “in the final part of the last days, undoubtedly the final part of the final part of the last days, shortly before the last day of the last days.”.

Even in the years approaching 1975 there was more of an urgency.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

In a WT article in 1943 July , I think pages204-206 The "Lord" told told them the hours for pioneers, aux pioneers and publishers. The "Lord" changes his mind-how many times do these hours need to change? Anyway, a search will find the archived WT and you can read for yourself what the "Lord" told them.

https://ia600902.us.archive.org/5/items/WatchtowerLibrary/magazines/w/w1943

I think I have the address correct. Sorry, that content isn't available NOW - I just checked it. bummer

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah, I saw the Sanderson video.

With that lower hour requirement,,,they will make it sound like there will no longer be an excuse ''not to pioneer''.

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

@enoughisenough

In a WT article in 1943 July , I think pages204-206 The "Lord" told told them the hours for pioneers, aux pioneers and publishers. The "Lord" changes his mind-how many times do these hours need to change? Anyway, a search will find the archived WT and you can read for yourself what the "Lord" told them.

I found the reference, thank you!

WT 1943 jul 1 "RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENTS"

"These expressions of God’s will by his King and through his established agency constitute his law or rule of action for the “faithful and wise servant” and for their goodwill companions today who will dwell upon the earth for ever in the New World. The Lord breaks down our organization instructions further and makes them more practicable by further instructing us through his “faithful and wise servant”. He says, ‘Let us assign the field, the world, to special pioneers, regular pioneers and companies of Jehovah’s witnesses in an orderly way, sufficient for everyone to thoroughly witness therein, and let us place upon each one the responsibility of caring for the New World interests in these respective assignments.’ He says the requirements for special pioneers shall be 175 hours and 50 back-calls per month, which should develop into a reasonable number of studies; and for regular pioneers 150 hours and as many back-calls and studies as can be properly developed during that time. And for company publishers he says, ‘Let us make a quota of 60 hours and 12 back-calls and at least one study a week for each publisher.’ These directions come to us from the Lord through his established agency directing what is required of us; and, for those who really love the Lord and are guided by his counsel, that is a reasonable service requirement. This expression of the Lord’s will should be the end of all controversy. It is for your good that these requirements are made; for thereby you are enabled to prove your integrity and magnify the Lord’s name."

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Re: "RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENTS"

They make me sick.

RB.

• waton
    waton

With this trend It might come to the point when any hour in the "field service" will require a wt form to sign. A written agreement, that the hours "served" are a personal decision, message preached a strictly personal conviction.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Because of the significant low IQ rate and education level in the jw.org population, these kind of "activity" and production goals are the toppics that the rank and file members take with both hands, "Jehovah provide us, just what we need".

A part of my jw family is so happy with this news, so the broadcasting brainwash has it's effect, always on short term only.

The special tract action in spring will be the next icecream presented.

G.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

A couple of comments on the 1943 quotation.

1. I haven't seen it before, and am amazed at the audacity to claim it is the Lord's direction. I have to laugh at the final statement:

This expression of the Lord’s will should be the end of all controversy. It is for your good that these requirements are made; for thereby you are enabled to prove your integrity and magnify the Lord’s name LOL

2. Considering the historical context. Rutherford had died in '42, and very soon after that it was a priority of the WT organization to get the brothers a minister qualification for the draft. WW2 draft was issue #1. This is quite clear from reading the book Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose. They didn't have a lot of success in getting the minister classification; loads of the brothers were in jail. The made several organizational changes in the war years and into the '50s to give the brothers something to present to their draft boards.

A couple of the objections they were facing:

You don't have any training - The WT organization invented the Ministry School

You don't have any WT books providing training - The WT published Qualified to be Ministers

You are only 19, how can you be a minister - All JWs are ministers

You have no proof you are a preacher - Here are my written records of the hours spent in ministry

You are not fulltime - WT invents the 'pioneer', with specified fulltime hours

It was all about the draft back then. The 1954 Walsh case is worth a read as well, where it is clear that they were trying to maneuver their position to support their legal stance towards the draft issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit