Pioneer Hours Update

by Bartolomeo 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Biahi
    Biahi

Thanks, dropoffyourkeylee! šŸ‘šŸ»

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

in regard to the 1943 WT requirements, I read somewhere that the brothers were bulking at field service, but some had no problem with speaking from the pulpit. So the Lord settles the matter and everyone has an assignment. The thought about the war may have had some bearing , but if you want to build up a publishing empire, just require everyone to preach. ( sell the literature ) What I find interesting is how The Lord informed them-seems like he spoke directly to them the way it is written . Everyone who is studying today should see this publication so they would know why they need to get out there! I was thinking the people were very gullible to buy the Lord telling them such requirements, but then they buy the God knows they should trust the GB and let poison be injected.

• new boy
    new boy

Back in the 1950s for those of you that go back that far they had a chart placed on the stage during the service meeting with all the numbers on it. Publishers, hours, back calls, (minimum number requirements) percentages up or down for month to month. I'm sure it was a Knorr Idea.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

They are slowly getting in line with what Protestants have been doing since Martin Luther, volunteering from what you can do out of love, not obligation. The F O G is slowly lifting.

• waton
    waton

Charts: These were wt society provided ~ 4'x3' on easels. At one circuit assembly they had the best and bottom congregation boards on stage to compare/shame the laggards.

now it is the race to the bottom.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

WokenfromJWcult Yeah well according too watchtower teaching about 1914 and biblical generation 70-80 year's. it seems they finally got i right, but about 90 year's or more to late. Was Rutherford that turned watchtower into preaching cooperation. The damage was made long long time ago.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I busted a gut to pioneer when it was 1000 hours a year 90 hours a month.

Ron, I busted a gut and more , 1200 hours for 20 years.

What a joke

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That 1943 quote is amazing. If I still did those midweek meeting items (perish the thought) I would love to read this bit

ā€œa quota of 60 hours and 12 back-calls and at least one study a week for each publisher.ā€™ These directions come to us from the Lord ā€

Then see the look on their faces.... Now I must catch that GB Update.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Ron, I busted a gut and more , 1200 hours for 20 years.

It wasn't just the number of hours, it was the way they were earned! My wife pioneered for years in the 1960's and 70's, there was no standing around with a witness trolley for hours on end drinking Costa and talking to ones mates. There was no phone witnessing, letter writing. It was all D2D, Back Calls and Studies. Literature had to be paid for so it was never dumped in the local washeteria or doctor's waiting rooms. She always aimed for about 115 hours to allow for holidays, assemblies, illness etc. The annual hour requirement had to be met to continue as a pioneer.

George

• Biahi
    Biahi

Iā€™m so glad I never pioneered!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit