Pioneer Hours Update

by Bartolomeo 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

Regular pioneers: 600 per year, 50 on average per month.
    Auxiliary Pioneers: 30 hours per month
    Auxiliary Pioneers in March and April: Fee reduced to 15 hours

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

What an absolute joke 🤣 When everyone's a pioneer, no one is.

Still, for someone who works full time 30 is significant. Notice how in the video that announced it (2023 GB update #1) Mark Sanderson passive-aggressively suggests that all Elders and Ministerial Servants will be expected to auxiliary pioneer when it's the 15 hour requirement. Not a huge deal, but still just another man made rule to add to the mix.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I busted a gut to pioneer when it was 1000 hours a year 90 hours a month.

I regular auxiliary pioneered - 60 hrs a month for six months to build up a routine/schedule.

The CO and other regular pioneers looked down on me as a lowly regular auxiliary pioneer until I was made a regular pioneer and then accepted by them.

Then I looked down on the auxiliary pioneers!!!

What a mug I was..🤦‍♂️

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

Almost all the elders (and many ithers) signed up to aux pioneer when the co came or during memorial season. Almost none of them were visible out in service anywhere near the amount of time needed to make the hours. Why? Because all that counts is that you signed up and your name was announced. There is no reckoning at the end of the month, no announcement of who really made their hours. It was and is all for show.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

@ Ron W.: I busted a gut to pioneer when it was 1000 hours a year 90 hours a month. I regular auxiliary pioneered - 60 hrs a month for six months to build up a routine/schedule.

I do remember those days when we had to go out in very inclement (cold/rainy/snowy) to very hot (steamy/sweltering) weather. There were a couple of elduhs from past congs who wanted the SPs, RPs, and Auxs to even stay out all day long to get their time in (also to brag to the cong's DOs and COs how "diligent and vigilant" the pios were). As usual, this was all about APPEARANCES plus helping the Borg still remain on the listing to the governments that they are a religious organization worthy of maintaining their 501c3 TAX STATUS!

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Almost none of them were visible out in service anywhere near the amount of time needed to make the hours. Why? Because all that counts is that you signed up and your name was announced.

When time is counted on the honor system, the hours can be completely imaginary. I guarantee a significant portion of hours are simply invented.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I can't believe that I counted my hours so earnestly for so long. I could've been a star!

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Yeah we'll watchtower answer to all who wasted hours on the preaching work gonna be... Hey you got free will. We didn't force you. We maeby gave wrong advice. But nobody is perfect. Yep the usual, we don't take responsibility for anything response from watchtower.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I guarantee a significant portion of hours are simply invented.

I know a lot of mine are, and I imagine that's true of many pimos. That's not counting all the massaged numbers from those who are mentally in!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Wow, they are just watering it down to nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit