I made a Website to examine the scriptures/words usage in every JW publication since 1950/1970

by ComingOutaMyCage 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ComingOutaMyCage
    ComingOutaMyCage

Any words with apostrophes get clipped to before the ‘, and also any words with less than 100 instances got dropped to reduce the size of the database. My computer used about 8GB of ram calculating it all, especially since I added two word combinations.

I am going to do a rescan tomorrow without the simplified edition watchtowers (as I feel that doubles things up) and I’ll make it not remove any single words from the count. Might also add numbers while I’m at it

• ComingOutaMyCage
    ComingOutaMyCage

I have re-processed the data.
    Watchtower Simplified is now excluded
    All words are included.
    All double words with more than 100 instances are included.
    I have added numbers with 2+ digits

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Wonderful work! Thanks so much.

I am a little uncertain about what I am looking at when selecting 2 word phrases. I entered child,molester (no spaces) and it shows for 1997, 444 instances of child and 8 instances of molester. Does that mean the complete phrase occurs 8 times?

ps: check spelling: separate

• ComingOutaMyCage
    ComingOutaMyCage

To see the phrase "child molester", enter it without the comma. So just "child molester". Putting a comma does two separate searches.

• ComingOutaMyCage
    ComingOutaMyCage

I have just published a new page which can display historical word counts for different groups of publications.

I’ve also added a word cloud to the top words page.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Absolutely fascinating!! Really great work!

I noticed those top 3 words are different combinations depending on publication eg on Kingdom ministry top words are Bible then God then Jehovah.

I wonder where in the world using "What 3 words" you would find yourself with the combo jeeehovah, God and Bible?☺️

• joao
    joao

Great work!

Congratulations!

• cmaymann
    cmaymann

Fantastic - Bookmarked :-)

• cmaymann
    cmaymann

Hi!

When loading the statistic for Isaiah, it stops with 49:12 - But there are 66 chapters in the book - I hope it's an easy error to find and remove.

https://comingoutamycage.github.io/JW_Lib_Analytics/HeatmapBibleVerses.html?book=Isaiah&publication=All&normal=1

• ComingOutaMyCage
    ComingOutaMyCage

@cmaymann I accidentally limited each bible book to 1000 versus on the grid. I have taken away that limit now. You can see all of Isaiah now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit