A brother repeated a "rumor" from the platform last night.

by NikL 32 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

There was a rumor, when I was at Bethel (early '70s), that the Society was buying buildings to house new roomers.

I will not take credit for that.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi NiKL

Dont know where on the planet you are but, here in Melbourne Australia they are flogging the use of videos at the door ad nauseum. C.O and field service overseer are goin troppo over pushing it.

jtg

• stillin
    stillin

The CO here made the same points that LTS just mentioned. I guess so that the lowly publisher who doesn't "qualify" to pose next to a cart won't feel so badly about his inadequaciea.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I like the sound cars of the future idea

RELIGION IS A SNARE AND RACKET

Wait a minute

WE'RE a religion

Oh yeah

Never mind

:)

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Hey schnell

I love the drone idea

Men love those things

Now Bros have an excuse to buy one

And the Sisters can stay home and make lunch!

Win Win

:0)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I see it it, how many rags are really placed in the real world? very very minimal, 99.9% are purchased by the R&F

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I've heard a rumor that the WTS is designing flying drones which are programed to come to people's front doors and make a ring to announce that its there, once a door opens the drone can sense it and from there it will play a programmed audio message with an invitation to attend a meeting at the local Kingdom Hall, including a message to go to JWorg.com and read the current monthly articles.

........... " Good morning we are calling within your neighborhood this morning with a vitally important message a message of hope and happiness promised in God's word the bible. "

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Who knows?

I have seen that it is better to not say "never" when it comes to witness things.

Before the rebranding of JayDub.org logos on all halls, there was a thread here on the forum that shared the "rumour" that all halls would get new signs with the blue logo on them.

It was laughed off by many who said it "would never happen"....

Well.....it did.....

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I think that its possible. Branches are discouraging paper in a big big way. I could see it happen.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I'm just wondering if there's a line where

jdubs would say

This is nuts

and refuse to do it

Any thoughts?

:0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit