A brother repeated a "rumor" from the platform last night.

by NikL 32 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

I seem to remember many talks and articles in the past about repeating rumors.Last night before going into the book study the conductor said something to the effect, "I heard a rumor and I don't know if it's true but the rumor is that in the future we will be using only;y videos at the door."

Anyone else heard this "rumor"?

And whats up with repeating rumors from the platform?

• sir82
    sir82

"I heard a rumor and I don't know if it's true but the rumor is that in the future we will be using only;y videos at the door."

Of course that won't come to pass, but it's funny to think about.

Imagine nearsighted technophobe Brother Bumblehead stammering and mumbling as he fumbles with his uncoordinated fingers over his blurry 4 inch screen, while the householder contemplates whether to burst out laughing, or merely quietly close the door to see how long before Brother Bumblehead notices there's no one there any more.

• schnell
    schnell

Let's say they did that. Why send Witnesses at all? The next logical step in the 21st century is to send drones door to door with a little screen that plays the video.

Oh wait they already do (ba-dum-tssss)

• blondie
    blondie

Probably not but

jws handed people "testimony cards" to read as the jw waited rather than talking...I knew one non-jw lady who said she thought they were deaf.

jws who played a record of Rutherford speaking at the door (I wonder if the neighbors could hear too).

Or the sound cars they would drive through a neighborhood

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They will. To cut the last paper costs.

G.

• kpop
    kpop

Very interesting! Of course the JW cult is looking to reduce printing costs and videos are the easiest way to do it

• mr_doubtful
    mr_doubtful

lol typical JW rumor. Everyone gets excited over the littlest thing.

Just like the chairman is supposed to cause "anticipation" and "excitement" for the meeting ahead. Half the people look like they want to blow their brains out by 9 pm.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Don't know if it's true or not, but I've also heard that. Perhaps they are hoping they won't have to ever talk to anyone any more. Wishful thinking?

• millie210
    millie210

Didnt they already have a "version" of this as Blondie mentioned above?

I swear, this religion just goes in a big circle going no where......

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

The hall my husband is in just had the CO last week and he really pushed the video's. Also he really pushed going dtd. That the carts are good but the dtd work is the most important work. It is what mother want's us to do. Go dtd and show video's, no mention of mags or other thing's.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit