Evolution a Fact - Agreed but So What?

by LAWHFol 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

In many debates between Believers and Non Believers (NB), the NB uses Evolution as some sort of proof to support the non existence of God.

I agree that Evolution is a Fact, however I feel that Evolution is proof of some sort of Benevolent Original Cause.

If I were to Create an A.I. , I would program into it the ability to Self-Refactor and Evolve.

I would also randomly inject Viruses into the Program (Evil) where the A.I. would be forced to stretch its current capabilities & modify it's operating functions in order to get through the random Virus, and continue living.

With a steady flow of different Viruses, the A.I. could purge itself of the Viruses, and in the process build code into itself to Prevent future Viruses from effecting it in the same Negative Ways. It would build a repository of Fixes | Modifications | Improvements, that would be passed down to successive versions.

Evolution matches perfectly with the concept of a Designed Universe. IMO

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Evolution is unavoidably in conflict with the doctrine of fundamental Christianity.

I tend to agree with what u heard from the platform at a JW meeting: if evolution is true then there was no Adam. If there was no Adam then there was no original sin. If there was no original sin then there is no need for Jesus.

The speaker thought he was making a case against evolution but was really making a case against Christianity

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Evolution matches perfectly with the concept of a Designed Universe. IMO

Who knows. The whole thing might actually mean something.

Perhaps we should try to find out.

• Clambake
    Clambake
    Pointless thread. The question could have been simply asked in the hundreds of other threads on the subject.
  • prologos
    prologos
    evolution i could be the tool of an able designer that does not have to continue tinkering himself.
  • WireRider
    WireRider

I believe in evolution. But. There is a very large unexplained gap in history. Man went from dragging knuckles to upright thinking people. Human knowledge snow balled at an unexplained pace. There was a pivotal point in human evolution that no one can explain. I think there was an intervention of some kind. People in 100BC described handed down stories for generations to the best of their understanding and vocabulary.

It still makes me wonder. Pictures of the solar system have been found in Sumerian ruins that accurately depict the solar system with relative sizes of the planet in correct order. The pictures/carvings were from 10,000 BC. We didn't discover Pluto until about 1950. They knew. Just recently there is growing proof of yet another planet in a very very wide orbit. History talks of of it as Neberu (or close). It was in the Sumerian pictures. How? They new.

I wouldn't necessarily take the Bible very literally. It was a time and place where most couldn't read or right. Stories were passed done by word of mouth for many generations. It's a little bit like listening to a preschooler describe the creation of the world and animals. But there may be some truth behind it.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    the nb uses evolution as some sort of proof to support the non existence of god

Doesn't seem that way to me. Only presenting on the evolution discussion. The fact that those speaking on evolution tend to also be atheists doesn't mean they are attacking your god when laying out evolution facts.

As this is what you think you hear sounds like your own rationality is knocking at the door asking for you to let it in.

• WireRider
    WireRider

Ask evolutionists how in about 50,000 years humans seemingly evolved more than the previous 50,000,000 years of normal evolution.

Missing puzzle piece no one can explain.

I believe in both.

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

We were planted as bio-matter. We are samples of genetics.

My apologies

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Ask evolutionists how in about 50,000 years humans seemingly evolved more than the previous 50,000,000 years of normal evolution.
    This seems to be popping up a bit recently. Honest question here, where do you get the idea that this is unexplained WireRider? And why the 50,000 years date? Are you going on the idea proposed by Klein in the late 80s, which is really widely discredited now, that there was a sudden revolution? Can provide the pdf essays refuting his theory if you want?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit