My husband reinstated our son

by Finally Left 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

Dear Friends, We were so touched by your warm welcome and all of your comments to my ballroom dancing post. Thank you so much for your kindness.

I have more to tell you, but I wanted to share this with you. We have a son that has been disfellowshipped for 18 years for smoking. We have not shunned him and have had him to our home yet the damage has been done. The relationship as you know is altered. When we finally figured out this was not the truth my husband called and reinstated him! He helped him understand this is not the truth and we are so sorry we raised him like we did. He had been on a path of destruction and said he felt like he was walking in a dead mans shoes. His life has turned completely around and he now has a reason to live.

Our daughter and son in law left the truth about a year before us. They bought a RV and traveled for a couple of years. Because they were away from the indoctrination they woke up.

Our middle son left years ago and has now woke up. So now we have our family put back together. What a horrible organization that rips the guts out of families. They need to go. Thanks for listening.

Next time I will tell you about the elders wheeling up in our driveway to interrogate us and the warm welcome my husband gave them. I don't think they will be back!

• Tallon
    Tallon

Thank you for your post and a belated welcome from me.

I am sincerely glad that your immediate family is reunited. It just goes to show how the Org breaks up families with their lies and deceit. Not to mention how all of us were at one time 'sleepwalking' through our entire association with the Org.

PS: strong families build strong communities, and strong communities build strong nations.

• James Jack
    James Jack

I want to read about the warm welcome your husband gave the Elders!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Always enjoy hearing stories with a happy ending.

Congrats! Enjoy the time you have with your family!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great post!

We look forward to the account of the elders visit!

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Great story, this site has zillions of them and the openness of many can be so touching, refreshing and encouraging for others. Like others, I'm looking forward to the next story!

• tiki
    tiki

So glad for you!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is so great to read such a good update. Thanks for sharing.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Wonderful story! Please tell us the rest.

• Chook
    Chook

Finally left

we all on here have regrets, l withheld sports activities to my kids, so called pagan celebrations and all the other bullshit that we were indoctrinated in. It's really hard not to bash yourself up with child abuse in the form of cult teachings. We all wish you well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit