My husband reinstated our son

by Finally Left 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

Love it!

I hope you keep posting because I love reading about family triumphing over that which would carelessly destroy it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Next time I will tell you about the elders wheeling up in our driveway to interrogate us and the warm welcome my husband gave them. I don't think they will be back!

That's very good. I hope your family remains close and supportive of each other. Can't wait to read about the elders.

Thank you for sharing this.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Finally Left,

Terrific news that your family is reunited once again. The religion of the JWs is many things, but one thing it isn't is family friendly. This includes, but is not limited to, the cruel practice of shunning.

Anyway, congratulations on making the break from this @>%* cult (realising that this can be a surprisingly difficult thing to do) - and also a belated welcome to this site!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The breaking up of families is one of the culpable faults of the JWS religion, it does not exemplify true Christianity and is another damaging aspect of this very dangerous corrupt cult.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

No matter how old we get, on some level we still like to know that our parents approve of us. How nice for your Son to know that even though you have maintained a relationship with him , you and your husband no longer view him through the old JW filters that have cause you all so much unnecessary suffering, worry and loss of time together.

There are family members on my wife's side who haven't met their grandchildren because of an erroneous and unfair decision that was made to disfellowship one of her cousins. Several of the men involved in that decision are no longer JW's themselves yet more than a decade later, their decision still stands as far as her JW family is concerned.

Your family can look forward to making up for lost time and can be thankful that your Son can move forward without having to feel he is a disappointment to anyone. So glad for you all that this didn't drag on any longer than it did.

• zeb
    zeb

"We look forward to the account of the elders visit!" that includes me.

• carla
    carla

Congratulations! Glad you got your family back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit