Silentlambs to be Interviewed by CBS Evening News

by blondie 34 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• undercover
    undercover
    CBS (60 minutes specifically) did a story on a custody battle several years ago exposing the Watchtower to all its legalese (pardon spelling) and what non JW spouses go against when the family splits. I am looking forward to seeing the Silent Lambs segment!

I remember that. I used to watch 60 Minutes every week. I used to always think that they were very unbiased and they told it like it really was. Until I saw that segment. I think it was the lady reporter(can't remember her name) that led the story. She interviewed a husband who couldn't get visitation rights and he went on about how the WTS lawyers represented his wife and he could never win because he couldn't afford high priced lawyers. They showed survelliance camera work of the mother taking the kids out in service. There was more but I can't remember all the details. My reaction to that episode? Well, I claimed that this reporter had something against the witnesses and was trying to make up stuff on them. I refused to believe the non-witness side. It was all lies or misrepresentations. I stopped watching 60 minutes after that. I assumed since they lied about that story, they must be lying about others, therefore I couldn't trust them to telling the truth anymore. And that is what is going to happen when this new story on CBS airs. The average dub will refuse to accept any of it as truth. They will claim it to be lies or misrepresentations. The WTS is already printing WTs on not beleiving the media. So don't expect a great storm of protest from within the ranks to rise from this. It will be regarded as just another attack by Satan on Jehovah's true servants and most dubs will fall for it.

• blondie
    blondie

Undisfellowshipped posted this additional statement where he posted this information from Silentlambs.

Bill Bowen said that this would air on CBS on Monday night.

Blondie

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I hate to say this, but I thought the 60 minutes piece on JW's and custody issues was biased, even now. I am not sure what the point of it was supposed to be. The gist of it seemed to be that Jehovah's Witnesses were raising their children to be *gasp* Jehovah's Witnesses. Now I can of course think of several reasons why this may not be a good thing, and of course if the parents are not both witnesses, there will probably be a conflict. But none of this was really brought out very well. It seemed to be automatically assumed that raising children to be JW was some kind of monstrous crime.

• Room 215
    Room 215

The lady reporter in question was Leslie Stahl, and I thought the impression was that she asked hard but fair questions, and sought to elicit from the interviewees that many of the JW policies and beliefs related to childrearing were unorthodox if not anti-social.

She seems like a thoroughgoing professional to me, and she unsettled lots of JWs by forcing them to see themselves as others do. I remember that Duane Magnani commented on the segment about how JWs fully expect the destruction of 99.9 percent of humanity at Armageddon and how when he went out in field service, it wasn't uncommon for JWs to fantasize about occupying this or that rich person's house.

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Thanks for the 'heads up', Blondie. I'm part of a Nielsen TV ratings family and I'll be sure to have the people meter on for this one.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thanks Blondie for the "heads up". Any info on silentlambs is always welcome to see on the TV/Radio, etc.

hugs,

j2bf

• jwbot
    jwbot
    it wasn't uncommon for JWs to fantasize about occupying this or that rich person's house.

Haha, yep. :)

• jwbot
    jwbot

Does anyone know where I can download or view the news programs that have already aired in english-speaking languages? I have only seen the one custody-battle news story 60 minutes did, and I am am very interested in finding the others...if someone could lead me in the right direction?

Thanks!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

This is pretty good. "AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!" HOPEFULLY, THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY DOES NOT "BUY OFF" ANYONE, INCLUDING THE MAJOR NEWS MEDIA.---- OH, YES IT DOES HAPPEN!!!!

JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT IS STILL ON THE WAY TO THE PUBLIC !!!

TIME WILL TELL, WILL IT NOT?

laters,

Mr. KIM

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

wars are won one shot at a time. no dubbers will not believe what thay see. but its like the teenager that you tell advise to and they storm out of the house. but in the back of their mind they think about it. putting small but real doubt in the minds of dubbers is very destructive to the cult. it is slow but coupled with other dissapiontments [the end really is not as close as we are told. nothing seems to be going the way we were told.] play big even most wont say it in the open. you know if you could just get those old shit heads they call the gov. body laid. this would all be over tomorrow. they are so up tight if we hire a couple of new york pros and send them to brooklyn hights we could win this thing in a week. these old farts have never had a piece in their life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit