Spring Chickens..Birthday Pics Here!

by Valis 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Well I have returned home safely after a long ride to and from the hill country home of my children. I arrived Friday in the late afternoon to find them asleep after waiting in anticipation of my arrival...they still looked "pretty for daddy" even if they were passed out and had bed head..*LOL* We went to eat be a small restuarant down by the Guadalupe River and then went back to their house where CFB and I stayed up late playing barbies, watching the Scooby Doo movie and talking. We passed out on the couch and awoke on Saturday to prepare for the BIG 6 BDAY celebration. A whole host of people descended on the party bringing food, gifts, and smiling happy faces. I cooked and the kids hopped about in CFB's first present..a swimmin pool...We ate, then had cake and opened presents...and played late until the night. The next day the Easter Bunny showed up for egg hunt and he convinced me to stay till Monday. We were supposed to have T-Ball game, but most of the big leaguers were out of town w/mommy and daddy for the long Easter holiday..We did get in some batting practice thoug..It was terribly hard leaving them and if it were entirely up to me they would be with me every day.... Eh...It was a long ride home, but worth every mile. Do enjoy my pics and have a good day everyone.

I forgot to mention that Scully crashed the party as well...I think she just came for the pinata action, but it may have been the brisket or the BDAY cake...*LOL*

CFB's BDAY Song Clip...It's almost 15 megs so it may be a bit of a slow download.. Anyone know how to compress these damnable files more?

http://www.sassquatch.com/Easter/bday.mpg

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

AWwwwwwwww Val, sounds like you lift your heart in hill country..........But I bet that is a day your little girl will never forget, she looks so happy. It is good to have you back here, safe and sound. Hugs and thanks for sharing your wonderful birthday with CB and all her magnificence, she is truly a ham, just like her dad.........hehe. Treasure the next few birthdays with her, she will change before your eyes real soon,,,,,,,,,, I would do anything to have time with Kelly at 6 yrs old again.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Great pics Valis

Your girls are adorable !

Our oldest will be 6 next month and I just starting to plan his party.

• Valis
    Valis

Thanks ladies...we had a great time and yes they are the apple of me eyeball...

Angs...do you guys have pinatas? They are super fun and not to hard to make yourself..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thanks for posting those pics of your adorable gals! How fast they grow up.

I'll let you off the hook this time for missing my festbash!

Hugs,

j2bf

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Valis

What beautiful daughters you have. Glad that you had a lovely time. Your girls certainly are happy little things, and the photos are great. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Mrs Nightwarrior

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I thought Dallas felt strangely empty! Your little chickens are adorable, Valis, and thank you for sharing the pics! I know it's hard living so far away from them.

Love,

Nina

• Angharad
    Angharad
    do you guys have pinatas?

No - never heard of them! What are they?

• Valis
    Valis

Theyare usually made w/paper mache...in the likeness of the kid's favorite cartoon character, animal, etc...its hollow and filled w/coins, candy, small toys, etc..It is held up and swung on a rope back and forth...you can go back and look at the pics and see CFB taking a whack at her yellow Scooby Doo pinata, pic 177. The kids put on a blindfold and try to break it open w/a sturdy stick...then when all the candy has been knocked out all the kids rush the floor w/their on bags (put their names on them. Not before then though cuz someone could get smacked in the noggin by the blindfolded pinata whacker....I assure you this is necessary to avoid fights..*LOL*) to scramble for as much candy as they could get ahold of. Fun stuff...Below is a URL to help you make them and the second one is a URL where you can buy them in the UK.. Big fun!

http://www.abc.net.au/creaturefeatures/make/pinata.htm

http://www.all4parties.co.uk/pinata_pinata_fun.htm

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "I got Scooby's Pinata Head" class

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks Valis

I have seen Pinatas on TV and in shops when we were in Canada - but I never knew what they were called until now!

I never knew we could get them in the UK - will have a look at ordering one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit